Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2008 7:55:35 PM EDT
Hey guys...

Curious if anyone else had seen or has experience with a new line of rifle scopes by Osprey International? (BTW, is there an optics forum on ARF?)

I have seen these scope twice now, both at the NRA convention in Louisville and at the last Indy 1500 show last weekend. The guys say they are affiliated with AimSHOT, divison of Prestige Law Enforcement, Inc. out of Georgia.

The specs they were claiming seem to be impressive for the price point, using Chinese labor in a US owned factory using Japanese lenses and components.

Although I've tried and tried, I've never really found a "bargain" scope, and have come to believe that in optics more so than anything else, you typically get what you pay for. But these scopes looked to be well built and packaged nicely.

I was unable to really get a feel for them at either show as they were not mounted to anything, nor did I have anything to compare to. The guys at the Indy 1500 (different guys from the NRA convention) also had some NC Star scopes they were liquidating to make room for these. I couldn't help notice some STRONG similarities in the scope housings in a couple of NC Star models.

IIRC, the "Tactical" models had 1/8 MOA adjustments, while the others had 1/4. Quite a few had 30mm tubes, and came with aluminum rings. They are certainly priced attractively for the features like illuminated reticles, 30mm tubes, etc.

Does anyone have any actual hands on experience with one and if so, what are your thoughts? If possible, please compare with something.

Thanks,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top