Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2007 5:36:00 PM EDT
When did RockRiver come out with the .458 Socom rifles  Damn when I saw M4Madness' custom set-up i thought well shit, I won't be able to afford anything like that... and now I see this... I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing  may have to use one of these next year in the field if the budget permits.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#1]
saw them a little while back, atleast a couple months. They sure do look purdy.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:31:56 AM EDT
[#2]
They have been talking about having them for a long time now and have been a catalogued item; however, very few have actually came out of Rock River.  I tried to order one back in the summer from them through the shop that I work for and they gave me their usual 4-6 week wait talk and I said fine let's do it.  15 or so weeks have passed since then and I still haven't heard back from them or saw my order and we deal with RRA direct.  However, this did not stop me from putting together a custom 16" build with an upper that was built by the same guy that built M4Madness' rifle.  This rifle has been awesomely accurate and has performed tremendously well on deer.

Go over to www.458socomforums.com to check out everything you need to know.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
what is RRA problem??  I also was going to order a socom and I was also wanting to finally get there 308 but it seems that they have a issue delivering.  They have great stuff but I dont understand why it takes them so long to ship things..

FRUSTRATED..
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
My guess is allot of their stuff is going overseas to the sand box
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
what is RRA problem??  I also was going to order a socom and I was also wanting to finally get there 308 but it seems that they have a issue delivering.  They have great stuff but I dont understand why it takes them so long to ship things..

FRUSTRATED..

Wait for it, you won't be disappionted once you get it...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FRUSTRATED..

I agree that they make a great product.  To me, their AR style rifles are top notch; however, I cannot for the life of me understand their inability to put the product in the consumer's hands.  I understand that the AR market is busy and that their is a huge demand on some things.....but what I cannot understand is why you tell your consumer one thing when it really means another.  If it is going to be on backorder for 30 weeks, then tell me so.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FRUSTRATED..

I agree that they make a great product.  To me, their AR style rifles are top notch; however, I cannot for the life of me understand their inability to put the product in the consumer's hands.  I understand that the AR market is busy and that their is a huge demand on some things.....but what I cannot understand is why you tell your consumer one thing when it really means another.  If it is going to be on backorder for 30 weeks, then tell me so.

Agree 100%...I lucked into the RRA 458 Socom upper after 2 days of looking.  Thanks in a big part to arfcom and its members for helping me locate one.  But you cannot doubt their quality.  

If they are servicing our country first and our citizens 2nd, I have absolutly no issue what-so-ever with it.  I will wait for what I want from them, or get it else where. Our troops deserve the best, and I feel RRA is one of the best platforms out there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top