Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2006 6:15:42 AM EDT
Hey Indiana crew, I'll be joining you in a few weeks.

My company will be starting a project in the Richmond area and I'll probably be there for five to six months.  I can't go without shooting for that long, so what range in the area would be good?  According to the NRA's website there are two in the area and they are both private clubs that I would have to join.  That doesn't bother me at all because I'll pay the fee in order to shoot once or twice a week while I'm there.  

Also, things to do in the area and places to avoid?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#1]
There are several ranges within driving distance of Richmond, but the only one that I can personally vouch for is the Fayette County Rifle & Pistol Club. It's located in Roberts Park in Connersville. It is a private club. The membership dues are $35.00 a year and NRA membership is required. It's only a 100 yard range, but the range and facilities are about as nice as anything you'll ever find. The range has been written up a couple of times in American Rifleman/American Hunter. If you're interested, IM me and I'll send you the contact info.

Link Posted: 8/18/2006 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 there are a couple places you can shoot.  If you don't have any luck PM me, I'll help you out.

Its not a construction project is it????
Link Posted: 8/18/2006 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys, thanks for the responses so far.  I will definitely be IMing or emailing you if I don't have any luck on my own.  

Yes, its a construction project.  I am not looking forward to the happy cold winter months with high freezing winds, but hey, that's what the company I work for does.  If I'm lucky, I can hide in the trailer to stay warm, but that usually doesn't last long.
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Old Trails Rifle and Pistol club.  They hosted the Indiana Subgun match over the last few years.  Great place.

chuck

http://www.otrpc.com/
Link Posted: 8/19/2006 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
i've lived in richmond my whole life (23 years) and i'm a member of the old trails range.  great place with everything from 10 yards out to 300 yards.  anything else you wanna know just ask.

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 5:11:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, great info guys!

Hopefully I can spend some time shooting once things settle down on the job setup.  I am sure winter is about as fun as it is in Pittsburgh, just with more wind!

Link Posted: 8/21/2006 1:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Guys, thanks for the responses so far.  I will definitely be IMing or emailing you if I don't have any luck on my own.  

Yes, its a construction project.  I am not looking forward to the happy cold winter months with high freezing winds, but hey, that's what the company I work for does.  If I'm lucky, I can hide in the trailer to stay warm, but that usually doesn't last long.

Reid Hospital???
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Old Trails is nice, but I always get annoyed when i'm not the only one at the pistol range. I like being alone there! I go when the weather's crappy so I can have the range to myself, it's just small enough that the chances of being there alone are usually pretty good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top