Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Here are a couple of my toys, I will post more when I have more time...

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i213/xparnell/BMHK.jpg
Link Posted: 4/26/2007 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Old guns, new pics:

My trusty M4 type

My Recon Carbine... still waiting on a friggin' optic

Link Posted: 4/26/2007 11:24:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theFatAirsoftKid47] [#3]
edited for better pic

Link Posted: 5/6/2007 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's some shots of my newest blackrifle and my only AR at the moment.  ireally dig it and am thinking of building a full length version, but my M1A takes care of my long range needs so well!  I'd really like a SBR in a pistol caliber, but that might have to wait until later...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/SHTFRig6.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/SHTFRig5.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/SHTFRig4.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/SHTFRig3.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/ShtFRig2.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/SHTFRig1.jpg

Here's one that is part black and part 'Dark Parkerizing Gray'  Refinish job on an old beater truckgun with Alumahyde  Oh, the Hi-Po was A-H'ed as well.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/870Hi-Power.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/870Hi-PowerCloseup.jpg

And here's one for the snobs to laugh at!  I can't complain, I've got $20 in the rifle and probably $40 in the 'accessories'.  Ugly, but runs like a champ!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/Hi-PointLeft.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/Hi-PointRight.jpg

Doug K
Link Posted: 5/7/2007 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By Slow_Hand:
Here's some shots of my newest blackrifle and my only AR at the moment.  ireally dig it and am thinking of building a full length version, but my M1A takes care of my long range needs so well!  I'd really like a SBR in a pistol caliber, but that might have to wait until later...

i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/SHTFRig6.jpg

i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/SHTFRig5.jpg

i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/SHTFRig4.jpg

i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/SHTFRig3.jpg

i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/ShtFRig2.jpg

i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/SHTFRig1.jpg

Here's one that is part black and part 'Dark Parkerizing Gray'  Refinish job on an old beater truckgun with Alumahyde  Oh, the Hi-Po was A-H'ed as well.

i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/870Hi-Power.jpg

i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/870Hi-PowerCloseup.jpg

And here's one for the snobs to laugh at!  I can't complain, I've got $20 in the rifle and probably $40 in the 'accessories'.  Ugly, but runs like a champ!

i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/Hi-PointLeft.jpg

i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/Slow_Hand23/Hi-PointRight.jpg

Doug K

Pretty nice toys! I'd put the Aimpoint on the AR and put the Acog/Dot scope on the plinker.
Link Posted: 5/7/2007 10:32:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Covert8645:

Pretty nice toys! I'd put the Aimpoint on the AR and put the Acog/Dot scope on the plinker.

He says he's only got $40 invested in the accessories, so I'm betting it's not a real Aimpoint...

Link Posted: 5/7/2007 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By Shooter521:

Originally Posted By Covert8645:

He says he's only got $40 invested in the accessories, so I'm betting it's not a real Aimpoint...

Ahh, gotcha. Point away then.
Link Posted: 5/7/2007 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep,
 i wish I could afford to throw a real Aimpoint on a Hi-Point!  I guess if i could afford teh Aimpoint, I'd probably have a 9m/m AR!!  It came with a RIS for an M1A that was really for airsoft.  Worked pretty well on my Sringfield, though.  The cheapie sems to be holding up fairly well to the 9m/m.  I do get some looks from folks for having a $400 sight on a $150 gun!

Doug K
Link Posted: 5/7/2007 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/7/2007 6:28:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: paddle3] [#11]
Another type of Black Rifle: FN FS2000 "Plasma Gun"

M4gery and D740 with infrared illumination

Link Posted: 5/7/2007 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By paddle3:

Is that a HOOSIER Black Rifle there, Michigan boy?  If not, you must send it to me immediately so that it is not disqualified from the thread.

Link Posted: 5/7/2007 11:09:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: paddle3] [#13]

Is that a HOOSIER Black Rifle there, Michigan boy?  If not, you must send it to me immediately so that it is not disqualified from the thread.

Yup, a HOOSIER SPECIAL. I picked it up this last weekend at the show at the 4-H Center show in Evansville. Took it out to the range today for a test run, and must say I'm quite impressed, so far.

I have a seasonal home down here: can't deal with the extreme cold and hefty snow accumulations of MI winters any more - too old for that shit... ( BTW - I am listed in the Indiana Hometown members directory. )

Link Posted: 5/8/2007 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#14]

Yup, a HOOSIER SPECIAL. I picked it up this last weekend at the show at the 4-H Center show in Evansville.

Well damn; guess you can keep 'er then.

( BTW - I am listed in the Indiana Hometown members directory. )

Hey, nothing personal, I was just razzin' ya a bit.  We've got several "part time" Hoosiers here; all are welcome!

Glad you like the FS2000. I'd like to shoot one just for the heck of it, although shooting a PS90 totally killed any desire I might have had to own one...

Link Posted: 5/8/2007 1:33:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NVDoyle] [#15]

shooting a PS90 totally killed any desire I might have had to own one...

How so? I've never shot one - heck, I've never seen one, but I'm curious. I'm still waiting to see if anyone does the bullpup design right...or even if it can be done right.

I admit that I like the looks of the F2000 a great deal, but that's also me being a big sci-fi geek.
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 2:37:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shooter521] [#16]

Originally Posted By NVDoyle:

How so? I've never shot one - heck, I've never seen one, but I'm curious.

Ergonomics plain suck, with a boxy, hard-edged magazine serving as a cheekrest, (and its top-mounted location preventing anything resembling a speed reload), and that funky forward handgrip. Trigger pull is abysmal, as is the case with most bullpups, and perceived recoil is surprisingly sharp for such a dinky round (although it's a straight-back slap; there is no muzzle rise). Finally, the standard optical sight features a white illuminated crosshair that is difficult to acquire and is about worthless in bright sunlight due to washout. And then there's the high price of both the gun and the ammo.

The gun's small size, high capacity and bottom ejection are neat features, but the negatives FAR outweigh the positives, IMO.

Now if we could get the "Stargate SG-1" model with the happy switch AND the coaxial raygun, my opinion might change.

Link Posted: 5/8/2007 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By NVDoyle:

How so? I've never shot one - heck, I've never seen one, but I'm curious.

Ergonomics plain suck, with a boxy, hard-edged magazine serving as a cheekrest, (and its top-mounted location preventing anything resembling a speed reload), and that funky forward handgrip. Trigger pull is abysmal, as is the case with most bullpups, and perceived recoil is surprisingly sharp for such a dinky round (although it's a straight-back slap; there is no muzzle rise). Finally, the standard optical sight features a white illuminated crosshair that is difficult to acquire and is about worthless in bright sunlight due to washout. And then there's the high price of both the gun and the ammo.

The gun's small size, high capacity and bottom ejection are neat features, but the negatives FAR outweigh the positives, IMO.

Now if we could get the "Stargate SG-1" model with the happy switch AND the coaxial raygun, my opinion might change.

im glad to hear a little about those, i keep seeing them everywhere and wondering about them. (an often costly mistake)
Link Posted: 5/8/2007 4:36:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: paddle3] [#18]
Here are some observations about the FS2000 after a range trip.

I have to say the "plasma gun" performed well - 168 rounds of Radway Green SS109 without a single malfunction. However, the trigger does take some getting used to: a two stage, the first is long and stiff with some creep, but the second breaks very clean, much like the M1A NM triggers somewhere around 4-5lbs. I did notice that even after only a limited number of rounds fired the trigger was starting to loosen up; from what I've read this is quite a common occurrence, and after a break in period of around 1K rounds, allegedly the trigger improves dramatically. One positive aspect of the trigger mechanism is the very short reset: it was QUITE easy to rapidly deliver follow up shots. Sometimes surprisingly so. It’s been mentioned that the rifle handles superbly in tight situations: I can well imagine that it would. From a "low ready" position, the FS seems to swing naturally to my shoulder, with an instantaneous cheek weld achieved: the rifle came up, and there was the centered glowing dot of the EoTech. Bang. Magazine wise, it functioned well with the D&H and CProducts aluminum magazines, but will not seat a Beta Mag due to the length of the feed tower being too short - nor will it seat the PMAG, or Thermolds. Mags are not drop free: a dust gasket ( which BTW is removable if desired ) holds the mag securely in the well, and a firm tug is necessary for removal. One issue with the FS: the bolt doesn't lock back after the last round is fired - it was rather disconcerting to pull the trigger and hear the sad sound of "click". Accuracy wise, I zeroed for appx. 1" high at 50y, and the 17.4 barrel was quite capable of maintaining MOA when I did my part. One further FS tidbit worth note: the forward shell eject "burps" out casings and leaves the brass in a nice pile.

.02 -
Link Posted: 5/17/2007 9:43:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brdvictim] [#19]

The latest one.

ETA: it became a sbr.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#20]
My father's day gift and summer project (it will be a "black" summer):

http://www.kiva.net/~techres/blog/1parts.jpg

It looks SO much better after getting off the worst of the caked on goop...
Link Posted: 6/27/2007 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/19/2007 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#22]
This week's acquisition:

Now to find the nearest 3 gun competition!
Link Posted: 7/22/2007 10:50:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NineMMAR15] [#23]
SBR GROUP PHOTO.........................    SAY CHEESE!!!

Link Posted: 7/24/2007 11:51:53 PM EDT
[#24]
What happens when you put a longish scope on a shorter barrel:

When I extend the stock, the scope is in just the right spot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2007 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Black pistol to go with the black rifle:

Link Posted: 9/3/2007 1:04:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WHITE_WOLFE] [#26]
My newest and last AR SBR. Colt M16A1 upper on a DoubleStar lower.

Link Posted: 9/7/2007 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#27]

RRA LAR15 223 SBR W/ Gemtech Halo Suppressor

RRA LAR15 9mm SBR W/ Gemtech Trinity Suppressor
Link Posted: 9/16/2007 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Ok... I'll play....

Link Posted: 9/30/2007 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Still a work in progress but it's close to being finished. I need a JPoint and a decent light. Also I need to get a SAS QD mount so I can use my can on it...

Link Posted: 10/3/2007 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By brdvictim:
"snip"
The latest one.

indyhpmedia.com/pics/Don/Ar%2015/sbr1.jpg

WOW!  960 rounds of .223 in one picture!!!!

I am envious.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 10/4/2007 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey... I has some black on it!  
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 7:31:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ruxpin] [#33]
Just picked these two lowers up yesterday I had laser engraved by www.class3sales.com and I think they did a nice job.  I know the punisher thing is over done but this serial number is 00666x.  The ghost image is from a vinyl decal that will fade away.

I wanted to honor the citizen soldiers in the family tree (Rev War - Cold War) so decided on this.

ETA: Made link hot
Link Posted: 10/14/2007 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Heres my preban Colt stable:

Link Posted: 10/15/2007 2:42:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By geta2j:

Originally Posted By brdvictim:
"snip"
The latest one.

indyhpmedia.com/pics/Don/Ar%2015/sbr1.jpg

WOW!  960 rounds of .223 in one picture!!!!

I am envious.  
I can take another pic with more loaded mags if need be, I just picked up 2000 rounds of .223.
Link Posted: 10/17/2007 11:28:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: geta2j] [#36]
Another pic my a$$
I wanna go help you shoot 'em up!!!!

eta: Besides now that I look at it again I think I counted wrong. It should be 970rds.  LOL!!!!  If that is a 20rd mag in the magwell.

Link Posted: 10/17/2007 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#37]
It is a straight 20 rounder (Colt).
Link Posted: 10/21/2007 1:16:40 PM EDT
[#38]
OK, I've got another one to add.  Again, not exactly a black rifle, but close enough!  I bought this Ishapore Enfield from a fellow IN board member.  I cut it down and crowned it myself.  Fitted teh XS Systems Scout rail, modified the stock, re-mounted the front sight behind an AR flash hider and dovetailed a fold down rear sight in place.  Shoots pretty good.  I had an NCStar 2-7 pistol scope on it, but it blew apart with under 40 rounds through it!  So, I'm saving my pennies to buy something of better quality.  Thinking a used Burris, or if I get lucky a Leupold.  Let me know what you think!
Doug K

Link Posted: 10/22/2007 8:10:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yoteslaya] [#39]
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 1:12:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ruxpin] [#41]
Latest lower laser engraved by www.class3sales.com located in New Carlisle.

ETA: Made link hot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2007 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Originally Posted By Ruxpin:
Latest lower laser engraved by www.class3sales.com located in New Carlisle.

www.kze7896.talkingrelics.com/images/Copy of flagml2.jpg

I like that!  No idea where New Carlisle is but do they do ATF compliant SBR engraving?
Link Posted: 11/4/2007 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes they do. I would suggest doing business with them.
Link Posted: 11/8/2007 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#44]

OK, I've got another one to add.  Again, not exactly a black rifle, but close enough!  I bought this Ishapore Enfield from a fellow IN board member.  I cut it down and crowned it myself.  Fitted teh XS Systems Scout rail, modified the stock, re-mounted the front sight behind an AR flash hider and dovetailed a fold down rear sight in place.  Shoots pretty good.  I had an NCStar 2-7 pistol scope on it, but it blew apart with under 40 rounds through it!  So, I'm saving my pennies to buy something of better quality.  Thinking a used Burris, or if I get lucky a Leupold.  Let me know what you think!

I liked yours so much, I ordered this one (7.62 Scout Mauser):

I am looking for a good scout scope for it, glad to know not to waste time on the NCStar.  Can't wait for it to arrive!
Link Posted: 11/17/2007 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Very cool!  You said you ordered it, was it alreay built up? Looks like someone did a good job on it.  Is that an Israeli Mauser?  Pretty cool looking set-up.  Really like the Ghost ring rear sight on it.  I'm keeping my eye on ebay for a good Burris, or Leupold.  May even go for a Simmons or Bushnell if the price is right.  Need to ge some decent QD rings for it, too.

Let me know how it shoots!
Doug K
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 6:18:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: techres] [#46]

Very cool!  You said you ordered it, was it alreay built up? Looks like someone did a good job on it.  Is that an Israeli Mauser?  Pretty cool looking set-up.  Really like the Ghost ring rear sight on it.  I'm keeping my eye on ebay for a good Burris, or Leupold.  May even go for a Simmons or Bushnell if the price is right.  Need to ge some decent QD rings for it, too.

Let me know how it shoots!
Doug K

It was an estate auction find.  It came yesterday and is an Israeli rebuilt Nazi rifle:

Nazi proofs (Steyr-Daimler factory at Mauthausen Concentration Camp?)

Israeli proofs (Can't get clear info on these yet)

The irony of a Nazi rifle being used to create (and later defend through several wars) a Jewish Homeland by those very Jews that the Nazi's attempted to exterminate, some of these Mausers even being assembled be concentration camp slave laborers, is too sweet for words.  I will prize it in my collection.  Plus it is black...
Link Posted: 12/9/2007 9:41:11 PM EDT
[#47]
height=8
Originally Posted By ViperEH:
Updated!  Hooray for LW gas pistons!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/ViperEH/side2.jpg

To:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/ViperEH/pair1.jpg

can i please have some more information about this rifles barrel length and rail length?
Link Posted: 2/2/2008 12:49:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#49]
My only AR (for now)

S&W M&P15T w/ Aimpoint CompM and my all Surefire light setup.

My other EBR

Arsenal SLR-106FR 5.56x45
Link Posted: 2/12/2008 9:49:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MEDIKEIGHTED] [#50]
The current Zombie Welcoming Committee.  

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top