Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 1:42:15 PM EDT
A friend of mine lives in New Haven and is looking for an outdoor pistol range.  He wants to find something in the FT Wayne\ New Haven area.    I live in Ohio ,but work in IN.  So I don't know the area over there.   I was hopeing someone here might know of a range.  Any info would be helpful.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The is a town north of Ft Wayne called Mongo that has a fish and wildlife preserve run by the DNR.  I'm pretty sure they have a range there.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:25:05 AM EDT
[#2]
www.fwaps.org is the Fort-Wayne area ISPC club.  They must have/use an outdoor pistol range in the area.  Site has directions, but I can't find a link to a page for the range itself.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
FWAPS shoots at "Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver". The  FWRR Range is located east of Harland IN off IN-37. The first set of dues is SALTY (Close to $200 if I remember right) but the renewal is about $100/year.
They have an excellent range for pistol & rifle. There are 5 pistol bays (2 always open, the other 3 are for use in matches & competition). A rifle range that extends to 300 yards with good backstops. I know a number of members of FWRR and they all enjoy their memberships there.

Link to Google Maps with the center of the image being the Pistol Bays.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=41.233478,-84.88683&spn=0.006205,0.007231&t=h

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:24:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.   I took him out to one of the ranges that I go to,  he never fired any kind of firearm before.   His grandfather left him a 9mm.  After 2 boxes of 9s he was having fun.   I let him shoot my 357 mag and Ar15 now he's hooked.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top