Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 12:13:07 PM EDT
Does anyone know if each county sheriff's department has their own payscale? If they do, how can you find out what a typical deputy makes in a year?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:22:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry I do not know the answer to your question...  I originally thought this might be a thread about UPS drivers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if each county sheriff's department has their own payscale? If they do, how can you find out what a typical deputy makes in a year?

Each Sheriff's Department will pay different than other counties. Same goes for each individual munipality PD.

Sheriff's 'Deputies', in the county I live in, only make about $36,000 a year.

Police Officer's pay is public knowledge, should be on record with the clerk's office or clerk treasurer's office.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Deputies do make different amounts county to county.  The one thing that is a constant is that their retirement is based off there three highest years of earnings.  So if you score and get a top level job your retirement is much better.  On the other hand, the very political way sheriff's departments work if you get moved down you can be screwed or forced out.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure it varied from county to county...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I hear the boys up here at Purdue, yep they have their own police department, have one of the highest starting salaries in the state, around $44,000.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:22:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
From what I hear the boys up here at Purdue, yep they have their own police department, have one of the highest starting salaries in the state, around $44,000.

I'd patrol that campus for free!  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's pretty good, but I believe Carmel PD is higher than that.  I know that Ft. Wayne City & Angols PD are paid really well too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually, if I recall correctly New Palestine was higher than Carmel! How times change!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top