Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 6:22:27 AM EDT
I live in Bloomington.  Where is the nearest place I can shoot hanguns?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a range at a conservation club in Freetown, which is about 40 minutes from Bloomington.  If you sign up to be a member of the club ($40/ year) you can go out there and shoot any gun at any time.  They also have matches out there which range from verily competitive, to just anyone wanting to get some practice, entering the event.

If you want additional information let me know.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
There is a range at a conservation club in Freetown, which is about 40 minutes from Bloomington.  If you sign up to be a member of the club ($40/ year) you can go out there and shoot any gun at any time.  They also have matches out there which range from verily competitive, to just anyone wanting to get some practice, entering the event.

If you want additional information let me know.

I'd like some info as well. IM me...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Rcoers, I sent you and IM.  To everyone else wanting additional information...

The Range, which is located at a conservation club, is located on Highway 135 about 4 miles north of Highway 50.  The club is called the South Central Gun Club.  

I'm pretty sure the dues are $40 for the first year and $35 for each additional.  With the dues, you also get access to fish a pond on the property and hunt the 20-30 acres the conservation club owns.  You are also welcome to bring a guest along to shoot with you for free.  The fees go towards the maintenance of the property.  

As for targets, there are always barrels and a few target stands out there, and I think there is 3 separate areas for shooting out to 35 yards.  Usually when I go, I just take along some paper plates or cut some silhoutte targets out of cardboard.  You can arrange the barrels to shoot between/around/under/etc....

There are also matches held out there.  You can enter the more competitive IPSC or you can shoot in what they call "action" matches which is a course which have everything from 25-45 steel targets setup that you have to knock over.  The action matches have classes for revolver, semi-auto pistol, shotgun, and carbine.

There is also a 100 yard rifle range and if you are there by yourself you can stretch the distance to around 250 yards.  There is no limit as to the weapons you shoot.  I have seen people shoot everything from 10/22s to M16s.

The person that is in charge of the dues, mathces, and such is Bob Trueblood.  Bob owns the Bite The Bullet gun shop which is located just north of Seymour on Highway 11.  Bob is a great guy and he has a small, but super nice shop.  He carries mostly Wilson Combat 1911s, shotguns, and ARs.  He also sells other pistols (Kimber, Glock, Sig, etc...).  His number is 812-445-3010.

If any additional information is needed please let me know.

Thanks,
Clint
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top