Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 8:15:19 PM EDT
Im currently going to Purdue University and have been unable to locate a safe place to store my future handgun and a friend is in the same pickel for his handgun.  Both the Purdue Police Department and Flat Creek Range have said they are going to get lockers for this, since no guns on campus, but they said it would be two weeks in Augusthinking.gif  Checked with both before I came home for break and both said, well have them in a few weeks.  All I need is a place to store a few handguns, preferably a rifle too, at a reasonable cost.  I would also need easy acess to it almost 24 hours a day.  Realize this isnt realistsic, but without this I will pretty much never be able to carry  A freind and I have worked out a temporary arrangement with a Capt. at the PD on campus, but he will only store a gun for a few weeks.  I would need it for the rest of this school year, till the beginning of May,  and all of newx school year.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you need an off-campus apartment
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:31:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Put a pistol safe in your vehicle.  Truck Vault makes one for trucks and cars.

Back in my college days I figured out real quick off campus was the way to go if you hunt and shoot.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I live off campus and I have some room in a lockable security Cabinet.

You used to be able to store stuff in the CoRec, but they changed that a couple years ago.  
Otherwise you will have to store stuff at the Armory in the Rifle Pistol CLubs storage facility, which is harder than hell to get access to.  

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:57:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I cant live off campus till my junior year because of scholarships, id be throwing away thousands of dollars.  When I get my truck up there I think Ill bolt a safe in the bed because I have a hard bedcover that locks as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I cant live off campus till my junior year because of scholarships, id be throwing away thousands of dollars.  When I get my truck up there I think Ill bolt a safe in the bed because I have a hard bedcover that locks as well.

Pshaw!  R&B is paid, but they don't actually do bed checks!  Get a cheap apartment off campus and just don't stay in the dorms!  Or get married
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:46:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone told me that Flat Creek Range will keep you guns for those with the "Purdue Problem".
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Last time I checked, early December, they had not yet gotten their gun lockers in that they would be renting out.  They also said their safe was filled to capacity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top