Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 11:43:51 AM EDT
I got em bad. Anyone else?  I feel like I have no energy, no desire to do much past surf the net and sit in front of the boob tube.  I even took the day off work today.  Im not sick I just have zero motivation to move. God I just want a nice afternoon with some sunshine and maybe not sub zero at the same time. I got a safe full of guns that I need to clean, a garage that looks worse than anything fred sanford ever had and a I dont give a shit attitude to go with it.
Im trying to look to springtime at some matches but Im having  hard time even doing that. Man I have never felt this lazy and dont care attitude.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I know what you mean. After deer season, I'm ready for warm weather again. The building I work in stays about 40 degrees throughout the winter -- not freezing, but a little cool even with thermal underwear and a coat. I'm sick of it getting dark at 5:30 PM. I go to work in the dark, and have about an hour and a half of daylight after I get home from work.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Dude ... you need to get over to Wildcat and bust some caps!  There's not even any snow on the ground! JUST DO IT!  You will feel better.

Quoted:
I got em bad. Anyone else?  I feel like I have no energy, no desire to do much past surf the net and sit in front of the boob tube.  I even took the day off work today.  Im not sick I just have zero motivation to move. God I just want a nice afternoon with some sunshine and maybe not sub zero at the same time. I got a safe full of guns that I need to clean, a garage that looks worse than anything fred sanford ever had and a I dont give a shit attitude to go with it.
Im trying to look to springtime at some matches but Im having  hard time even doing that. Man I have never felt this lazy and dont care attitude.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:10:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I know how you guys feel.

I kind of feel like crap.

It's dark, the weather is crap, and it's cold.  But hey, at least there's not 20 inches of snow on the ground to deal with right?  They say every cloud has a silver lining...this could be mine as far as my gripes with the weather.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Actually I feel a lot better now.  Sunday I went to The Badlands Offroad park in Attica, of course it meant working on my junk all day Saturday, but it was worth it.  

I had an alternator puke on me, but a bad day at Attica is still a good day.

www.badlandsoffroad.com/
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dude ... you need to get over to Wildcat and bust some caps!  There's not even any snow on the ground! JUST DO IT!  You will feel better.

Quoted:

Good advice, Im going to try and go tomorrow or Friday and take Mr.Wilson to the plate rack for a couple dozen mags, if I can get my ass up to load up mags!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I kind of feel the same way.  Like M4Madness, I'm always kinda down in the dumps after deer season ends because there is just not much to do.  The fact that they shortened the Late Archery season by a week doesn't help at all.  To top it all off, classes start back up on Monday.
However, me and K12LTS did make it out to the local range today to burn up the ARs, .308s, Sigs, and 1911s.  It was really nice and sunny when we left, but shortly after arriving it got cloudy and cold again.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's dark, the weather is crap, and it's cold.  But hey, at least there's not 20 inches of snow on the ground to deal with right?  

At least back in WI there was nice white snow to cover up all the icky brown grass all winter.    And clear, cold, sunny days with blue skies instead of the warm, dreary, full-overcast with a light drizzle crap we get down here.  They plowed the snow off the roads so they were clear, and since it didn't get above freezing for weeks at a time you didn't have any melting to make them wet and sloppy until April.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:59:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I caught a cold from my grandkids over christmas.. I'm still sick almost 2 weeks later.

I need to get out and shoot an IPSC, IDPA or 3 gun match.. that usually brings me out of it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Now that my big talk had motivated, Kent, I'm feeling the same weariness myself.

I haven't been to the gym since before Christmas.  And then I'd only been back a week after a three month layoff.  I'm like veal!

It took all of my energy to renew my driver's license and get some movies at Blockbuster today.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Now that my big talk had motivated, Kent, I'm feeling the same weariness myself.

I haven't been to the gym since before Christmas.  And then I'd only been back a week after a three month layoff.  I'm like veal!

It took all of my energy to renew my driver's license and get some movies at Blockbuster today.

You are the next Tony Robbins. I did go a hit the plate rack and felt much better.  Its still a goomy hard to get motivated time of year but spring is coming!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I managed to drag myself to the pin shoot today.  I almost never shoot pins, even when I feel good.

I'm glad I went now.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I dont think it's been that bad this year. I've played golf like 5 times since thanksgiving and rode my Harley on 1/12.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:24:53 AM EDT
[#13]
The weather doesn't seem to be as bad to me this year....but I've definitely got them too.  And that's why I'm going to Tuscon in June
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The weather doesn't seem to be as bad to me this year....but I've definitely got them too.  And that's why I'm going to Tuscon in June

I have you beat-I'm going to Jamaica on June 23
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quantico in May....
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Quantico in May....

Good luck and God speed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:10:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh yes but I'm going there to live ;)
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quantico in May....

Good luck and God speed.

Thanks! I'm bustin my arse to get in great enough shape to survive it... I see lots of writing though and a wanting to sleep but not being able to.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Quantico in May....

Whatcha going there for?  More training?

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh yes but I'm going there to live ;)

Well good luck then with the move and all that.  I'll be going to Jamaica on vacation.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#21]
AW shit , now deej  is traveling over state lines.  Sorry guys. You can keep him if ya want.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quantico in May....

Whatcha going there for?  More training?

Officer Cannidate School.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:21:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Officer Cannidate School.

Cool!

Just make sure you can spell "candidate" before you go.  They might send you home otherwise!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Military Intelligence joey, and I'm a better writer than I am typist.

Remember We have this subconcious thought link system.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Military Intelligence joey, and I'm a better writer than I am typist.

Remember We have this subconcious thought link system.

You're right!  I completely forgot about your freaky Marine Coprs telepathic powers!  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't post much, but I couldn't help myself. I'll be in Daytona next month for the 500he
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Mid winter blues ain't the worst of it.

Although I haven't been in Indiana in almost 40 years; The March mud season still remains the worst facet of country living in Indiana.

Mid-winter grass and crop stubble sticking through the dirty snow is a depressing image though.

Next summer when the tropical storms start, I may wish I was back home in Indiana with the fields of new-mown hay by the banks of the Wabash and all that stuff.

Wish we had something like Atterbury down here. Haven't shot more than 200 yards in many years.

Regards,
Mild Bill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top