Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2005 10:53:51 AM EDT
Anyone going to the bug gunshow in indy Jan. 13-15?  Its at the state fairgrounds and is a rgeat show.  I'm goin to look for a Para Ordnance CCW and a friend is goin with me to find an M4.  GREAT buys on ammo there.

www.indy1500.com/
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there.  I don't always find what I'm looking for but it's better that sitting at home in January...

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
yep, me too.  I'll be there w/ k12lts
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I will be there on Saturday. I don't always buy/sell, but I just like being around other people that have similar interests as me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there, on the selling side of the table as usual.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I go to almost all gun shows in southern part of sate. Dont always buy alot but like so many of you enjoy looking and talking to others that have our intrest.  I do always come home with some STUFF lol sometimes more STUFF than wife likes but oh well!  
 Now i have a question.......  Some bigger shows I have seen a Glock armorrer at and they offer free inspection of anyones glocks and detailed cleaning while you are at the show.  Does anyone here know if there will be one at the Indy 1500 this jan?  nothing wrong with mine that i know of but would like to have it inspected.  Im always looking for good deals on ammo.  Im planning on attending this next Indy show being i have never been there before, buddies have and are planning on attending also.  Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I go to almost all gun shows in southern part of sate. Dont always buy alot but like so many of you enjoy looking and talking to others that have our intrest.  I do always come home with some STUFF lol sometimes more STUFF than wife likes but oh well!  
 Now i have a question.......  Some bigger shows I have seen a Glock armorrer at and they offer free inspection of anyones glocks and detailed cleaning while you are at the show.  Does anyone here know if there will be one at the Indy 1500 this jan?  nothing wrong with mine that i know of but would like to have it inspected.  Im always looking for good deals on ammo.  Im planning on attending this next Indy show being i have never been there before, buddies have and are planning on attending also.  Looking forward to it.

I've never "Not" seen a/the Glock armourer at the indy 1500..

Every time I go there is a glock armourer or two face down.. working on Glocks.. at the 1500
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Of course I'll be there.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I havent been there in about 2 years, does anybody know what 1000 rounds of Wolf .45ACP goes for there?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going... Don't know if I'm gonna buy anything...but I'll still go.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably about what it goes for everywhere else.  But you'll save on shipping then pay taxes, so you'll break even!

Quoted:
I havent been there in about 2 years, does anybody know what 1000 rounds of Wolf .45ACP goes for there?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Well what else would there be to do work, ya right! I already have the list for this show,short and not high $ but stuff none-the-less.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I also have a list of goodies needing to be purchased.
Anyone know if there will be any 5.45 X 39  there this time around? There wasn't any there the last time it was held.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Every time I go there is a glock armourer or two face down.. working on Glocks.. at the 1500

Make sure he doesnt blast a hole in the floor. I say this because it has been done at the 1500 in the past
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:03:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make sure he doesnt blast a hole in the floor. I say this because it has been done at the 1500 in the past

And they let him come back?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:00:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And they let him come back?

Yes they did. That same weekend there were actually 2 AD's. One from a Glock armourer, who was using live rounds to cycle function check a pistol.  The other was a scruffy looking dealer who carries older military rifles, and bayonets. He can be found at all of Danny Hedger shows, and the 1500. Seems one of his pistols he had for sale was still loaded. While he was showing it to a customer he pulled the trigger. No one was hurt in either event.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

What table/vendor?  Do you plan to bring any lowers?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Yes they did. That same weekend there were actually 2 AD's. One from a Glock armourer, who was using live rounds to cycle function check a pistol.  

Which armorer was this? There are usually several in attendance.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll be there.  Not sure what I'll be looking for but it beats sitting around the house.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:18:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes they did. That same weekend there were actually 2 AD's. One from a Glock armourer, who was using live rounds to cycle function check a pistol.  

Which armorer was this? There are usually several in attendance.

I was told that it's the same guy who sets up a Plainfield Shooting Supplies on a regular basis.

Now dont quote me but this was told to me by several vebdors who was et up next to the guy. I didnt actually see it , but I did hear it. The other stupidity attack I did see and hear. I was about 25 yards away.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll be there not sure if I'll bring any gages or not but I'll be willing to give a quick look over anyones stuff if they really wnat me to.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Sounds like a good time, I'll be there representing Lake county.  Looking for a new handgun but can't decide on what I want.  I do like the HK USPs, 1911s, any Glock.  Who, among you are the dealers?  I'll stop by & say hello.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll be there. I'll either be slinging my Bushmaster M4A3 or my Bushmaster AR15A4, and I'll more than likely be sporting some type of Marine Apparel. Feel free to come up to me and talk shop :-)

-Covert
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I also have a list of goodies needing to be purchased.
Anyone know if there will be any 5.45 X 39  there this time around? There wasn't any there the last time it was held.

There was 5.45x39 at the last show ... until we purchased the last few cases (not as bad as KCR where everthing sells on Thursday - but being there before the show opens helps).

As always will be there - on the other side of the table ;-).
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#24]
So THATS where it all goes....Was it Wolf or Barnaul? I saw lots of Wolf 7.62X39......
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#25]
I already said I was attending, but I'm looking to sell/trade my pistol.

It's a Springfield Armory G.I. Mil-Spec 1911A1 .45, has probably 150 rounds through it, still in very good condition, bought it brand new, sill have the cleaning kit, the Springfield Armory hardcase, and comes with 1, 7 round magazine. I'll as for $400 even.

If I was to trade I'd be looking for a Springfield Armory XD 5 inch Tactical Model: XD9505.

If I were to trade, I'd also pay $150 including my pistol for the trade, to bring it out to around the XD's retail price.

Thanks all, hope to see you guys at the show!

-Covert
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:02:05 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you looking for I can see if I can pick up a few before the show?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Sounds like a good time, I'll be there representing Lake county.  Looking for a new handgun but can't decide on what I want.  I do like the HK USPs, 1911s, any Glock.  Who, among you are the dealers?  I'll stop by & say hello.

Wife and I work part time for Albro's stop by and say hey.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone know dealers that give military discounts? I'm looking to possibly equip a rifle team for the Young Marine program because they finally said we could so long as they got a coach and I can coach.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wife and I work part time for Albro's stop by and say hey.

Yup-I'll have my checkbook.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't you get Randy to start carrying them in stock??

If you carry them, they will sell.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm not too picky about lowers as long as they're the typical top brands.  FWIW I do not care for DPMS lowers though.  Bushy and RRA are my top picks, but the Stag and Ameetec lowers look nice as well.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Just curious, what's wrong with DPMS?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will see what I can do that is something I have talked to him about and we did carry a few at one time and if I remember right they did sell rather fast.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will see what I can do that is something I have talked to him about and we did carry a few at one time and if I remember right they did sell rather fast.

I mention it every time I'm in there. It seems to fall on deaf ears.

Good luck.

He was'nt steered wrong on going class three, was he?

See there is a reason alot of people are always looking forward to the 1500, They are looking to buy lowers . If someone were to actually carry them, they would sell .  Hell if you guys carried them I wouldnt need to go to the 1500. I can look at your stuff for free, when I walk into Albro's door
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
 See there is a reason alot of people are always looking forward to the 1500, They are looking to buy lowers . If someone were to actually carry them, they would sell .  Hell if you guys carried them I wouldnt need to go to the 1500. I can look at your stuff for free, when I walk into Albro's door

+1.

Shortly, I will be looking for a lower also.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#36]
My partner and I will be at the 1500.  We stock Stag Lowers and other AR stuff at our shop in Lafayette (Applied Ballistics Systems).

Stop by say hi!

PS. We are also able to handle class 3 stuff.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
My partner and I will be at the 1500.  We stock Stag Lowers and other AR stuff at our shop in Lafayette (Applied Ballistics Systems).

Stop by say hi!

PS. We are also able to handle class 3 stuff.

Look forward to seeing you there Mitch.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#38]
printmitch, where are you located in lafayette?  You have a range or anything?  Im currently a student at Purdue and am having withdrawl.  Also, you know anywhere up there that has gun lockers for rent?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#39]
We are on the east side at 3461 Union St., open 2-6 pm m-f and 9-1 on sat 765-426-4937.

We aer east of Sagamore Parkway, about a block from NuTone Fitness.  We aer in the same building as Print Works.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll be there Saturday with Dog1.  I'm selling a Pre89 Norinco AK47 Underfolder with underfolding spike bayonet with 1 30rd mag.  I'm looking for a Colt Commander and stuff for an ar15 pistol build.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll be there Friday, looking to buy a lower, parts kit, dual stage trigger, 6 pos stock, and whatever else looks good. I'm hoping to see Robert from RB Precision to get this stuff.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#42]
I can't say I have ever seen much before, probably cuz I haven't looked, but I am seriously contemplating a 9mm AR build.  So hopefully I can find what I need there (a lower at a minimum).
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:14:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I mention it every time I'm in there. It seems to fall on deaf ears.

Good luck.

He was'nt steered wrong on going class three, was he?

We got in Ten RR receivers. They are priced at 129.00 each. there were 8 left as of last night.

Ron
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:34:12 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I can't say I have ever seen much before, probably cuz I haven't looked, but I am seriously contemplating a 9mm AR build.  So hopefully I can find what I need there (a lower at a minimum).

You should also take a good look at a Beretta Storm.

I don't have one but my Bro does, for under $600 you have a 9mm carbine ready to rock with a few feaures you will never get in an AR for that price.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Applied Ballistics are a good bunch of guys.

A lot of Milsurp and EBR stuff.  

I look forward to seeing you at the 1500.    
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should also take a good look at a Beretta Storm.

I don't have one but my Bro does, for under $600 you have a 9mm carbine ready to rock with a few feaures you will never get in an AR for that price.

I just bought a .45ACP Storm for under $600.00 .
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:07:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Looking for C&R or a PC9. I'll be there on Friday sporting a leather Marines varsity jacket.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#48]
This will probably be my only 1500 this year; the last several in '05 just plain sucked, but typically the January shows are better than the rest. I'll be there Friday afternoon/evening with a buddy or two, looking for bulk reloading supplies and/or ammo (5.56 and 9mm) and representin' with a Team Indiana ARFcom shirt.  

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll be there friday.  Black sweatshirt, Woodland boonie hat.  Red WI state Service Rifle team pin.  Khakis.  

Looking for Magpul XT's and starting to shop for pistols.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
This will probably be my only 1500 this year; the last several in '05 just plain sucked, but typically the January shows are better than the rest. I'll be there Friday afternoon/evening with a buddy or two, looking for bulk reloading supplies and/or ammo (5.56 and 9mm) and representin' with a Team Indiana ARFcom shirt.  

You're right there.  I've always made the trek to the 1500, one of my favorite shows.  But the last few I went to really were disappointing.  Haven't made the drive the last couple, high gas prices, and didn't want to waste money on a show about like a Goodman's.  Kinda on the fence about going to this one.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top