Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2005 6:59:49 AM EDT
I really need to join a gun club, and it seems like they have their fair share of 3-gun matches.

How should I go aboput joining?  Is there someone there most days?  I would hate to drive all the way there and lok at a closed gate!

Any info would be much appreciated!
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a member, but have shot there a few times.

Here is a start.

http://www.atlantacc.net/index.php

Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
3-gun match on sunday set up at 8 I think shoot at 9. Come on by. No there isn't someone there most days but there's usually a shoot every weekend. PM myself or rhino_ (Joey) and we'll get you hooked up.
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a member.. all you have to do is have a permit to carry and show up at the membership meeting the first thursday of the month..

You don't have to be a member to shoot 3 gun or IPSC. or Steel... Just show up at the match..

Three gun this sunday.. should be there 9ish...

I would like to be there .. I'm just getting over the flu.. If I feel good enough I'm going.. I need a 3 gun fix...

If you become a member they give you a gate pass.. works on the automatic gate.. doesn't need to be anyone there...
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 5:26:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, guys.

I looked thru the website, and there was info on what you had to do, but not who to contact.

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info, guys.

I looked thru the website, and there was info on what you had to do, but not who to contact.

You have to show up at the membership meeting to join... and to join you must have a CCW... that's a background check..
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:48:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You have to show up at the membership meeting to join... and to join you must have a CCW... that's a background check..

The January meeting isn't scheduled yet, but I assume it will be on the 5th.  

Thanks again for the heads up.  I'm sure I will learn everything I need to know at the meeting.
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:42:22 AM EDT
[#7]
If you want to try it out before hand let me know.. I'm pretty sure we can bring a guest.. especially if that guest is a potential member..  You'll like the place..

Aaaand.. I just found out... If the weather is good enough we'll be having a 3 gun match at ACC Sunday, 22 January 2006... It's just not on the calender.. yet...
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't open the above link for some reason.  Would anyone care to post the location, membership fee, and other subjects of importance?  I should be back in the States in time for the next shoot and would love to come and watch before I decide to join.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:38:41 AM EDT
[#9]
The "Hottest" shooting club in Indiana..

Atlanta Conservation Club

Membership in the Atlanta Conservation Club, Inc. is open to everyone meeting the stated requirements. Conditions for new membership and renewals include:

Before applying for membership, participation in at least two ACC shooting events is required.
Prior to the start of each event, the Match Director must be informed of the participant’s desire to join ACC.

After the event, the Match Director will contact the Board and give his recommendations on whether the participant should be allowed to join ACC.

New applicants must have a valid Indiana handgun permit.

Applicants/renewals must be NRA members or include a completed NRA membership application and fees with their application.

New applications accompanied by an initiation fee, dues, and other fees as set by the Board must be given to a Board Member or Match Director.

New applicants must pass both written and practical range safety tests.

New applicants must attend a Member Meeting at which their applications will be approved or denied by a majority vote of the Board Members present.

In exceptional cases, any or all of the above requirements may be waived by the Board, if a majority of the Board Members agree to do so.

These conditions are solely for the purpose of ensuring that the Atlanta Conservation Club remains a safe and fun place for recreation and competition.

Fees.
Basic Membership Dues  $100.00  
Senior Dues (62 & over)  $60.00
New Member Initiation Fee (one time) $75.00
Non-NRA Fee $50.00
Security Key Card (one time) $25.00
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:34:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Thank you.  Where is the range located?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:39:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thank you.  Where is the range located?

29595 Leonard Road
Atlanta, IN 46031

At the North East corner of Leonard Road and 296th Street

Plug it into mapquest..
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm a member.. all you have to do is have a permit to carry and show up at the membership meeting the first thursday of the month..

When did they move the meetings to Thursdays?  I thought it was Mondays?  I work till7pm on Mondays so thats why I hadn't been there for a while, if its on Thursday now, I have all day Thursday and Friday off!  When I'm not building police cars
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:52:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When did they move the meetings to Thursdays?  I thought it was Mondays?  I work till7pm on Mondays so thats why I hadn't been there for a while, if its on Thursday now, I have all day Thursday and Friday off!  When I'm not building police cars

They seem to bounce between Mon, Tue and Thur... Dec meeting was of thur...

They don't have one listed for Jan yet..

Pretty much have to check the website...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top