Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2005 8:03:07 AM EDT
Noticed the other thread on permit renewals and realized..since I just moved.. that I need to get my address changed on my existing permit.  I think I remember reading in the fine print that this has to be done within 30 days?

How do I go about this?

Thanks in advance gang...
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Call the State Police Firearms Licensing Section at...

317-233-505

I think it costs $5..

They were very nice when I moved back in April
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

317-233-505

I think it costs $5..

Yep.  $5 and it's an easy process.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#3]
FYI, save your old permit.  Some shops are so anal they won't accept your duplicate permit if the addy doesn't match your DL or if they notice the expiration date and issue date are less than standard.  I've had to pull out my old permit at least twice to stop some bone dick from whining and having kittens.  Just a thought but it worked for me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Totally different experience here.  I changed my address about a month or so ago and did it by email.  It didn't cost me a cent.  I contacted the Firearms division by phone and they gave me the address.  Super easy, super quick, super cheap.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

317-233-505

I think it costs $5..

What's the last 4 digits on the number again?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

317-233-505

I think it costs $5..

What's the last 4 digits on the number again?

317-233-5054

OOPS!!!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Totally different experience here.  I changed my address about a month or so ago and did it by email.  It didn't cost me a cent.  I contacted the Firearms division by phone and they gave me the address.  Super easy, super quick, super cheap.

Did you get a new copy with your new addy?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:02:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Funny you should ask.  I didn't get a new copy.  I need to have one of my ISP buddies do a check and see what comes up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I called them and they said it's no fee just to get it on record that you've moved (which is required by law) - but if you want a new copy with the new address, that's what costs the $5. Your old permit can be still be considered valid as long as the ISP has your new address on file.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#10]
When I moved last year, I didn't change my permit, only changed my drivers license.  I couldn't buy anything until I had the good drivers license.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top