Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 7:29:28 PM EDT
First, I attended a conference in Bloomington, which meant that I was not at work and I got a free hot breakfast: french toast, bacon, fried taters.
Second, I was offered a new job and I accepted.
Third, I took a newbie shooting at M4M's house.  He had a great time and really liked my AK.  I don't have a plinker upper for my AR.  I think he would've liked that better.  He also shot my MN91/30 and HK USPc .40.  I managed to dispell some firearm myths and generally educate him a little more.  Prior to this, he had only shot a .22.  I attempted bumpfiring, and only managed a couple of doubles.
Fourth, I went and ate at Smokin' Jacks Rib Shack.
Fifth, I bought a new pair of Rocky boots at Shoe Carnival.

That was my day, and it was good.  Thanks to M4M for the continued use of his range, thanks to Rynich for putting my AK together, thanks to ya'll for being cool and here.

28 today.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
That was my day, and it was good.  

28 today.

A puppy!  Happy birthday, bud.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:23:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't even remember when I was 28?

Happy Birthday Man!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Enjoy it!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Heck, I'm an old geezer -- I'll be 38 in January.

Jim, glad you had a good day and congratulations of the job opportunity. Is it at the same place that you are currently employed?

How did the slapped-together shooting bench do? It's getting rained on as I type this.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Right now it looks like I'm going to Code 80, same building as Rynich is in, but working for a different branch.  This is assuming that no high level management gets involved to stop it, who knows.

The 91/30 was shot from the bench quite a bit.  Worked quite well.  Was that plywood top treated or not?  It didn't look it.  If it delaminates let me know, I've got some more OSB that you can use and we'll paint it ASAP.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]
happy birthday, jim
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Happy "B" day Jim, I know it's a belated wish but the thought is still sincere.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Hi Phil!
AK ran great with the buffer, no more concerns about it jumping off the rails when I charge it.
Thanks again!
Jim
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Twenty-eight?  That's almost fresh from the wrapper!  My underwear is older than JimTh!

Happy birthday, junior!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top