Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 3:45:24 PM EDT
Hello, I should have thought to invite area guys and gals to the 2005 Indiana Swat Challenge before now but I just thought of it.   This event will be held at the Carmel Range just north of 96th St. on Hazel Dell Parkway.  The events are on the 13th, 14th and 15th the next three days.   Each day runs basically from 8 until 5.  Thursday will be done by about 3pm.  There are basically two events a day, with teams from all over Indiana and some from out of state competing.  Thursday after noon is the highlight with an obstacle course from 1pm until 3pm.  If anyone wants additional information go to www.Indianasoa.com.  The Swat challenge  is on that website along with the schedule.  Sorry for the last minute invite.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this open to the public?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is open to the public.  There are a few vender stands, not sure exactly what will be there in that way, seems to change from year to year.  Also food is available, red bull will be given out free and there are shirts for sale.   Thursday is the best day, I think.  There is a tower scramble event which requires running about 125 yards engaging targets, running back, climbing to the top of a three story structure and then rappelling down.  The sniper is involved in that as well and has to climb to the top of the second story of the stucture engage a small target 100 yards away which activates a moving target.  Then in the second half of the day the obstacle course, which to look at you wouldn't think much of, but it is tough.  This year we have teams from Indiana state police, as well as a few army teams.  I think there are around 18 or 19 teams.   The public is most definately welcome, and it gives you or them a chance to see teams from around the country compete in various events that incorporate parts of what really happens within the aspect of a game.  Hope to see you there.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm familiar with the area, but could you tell me the exact location?

Are you going to watch or compete?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#4]
It is between Allisonville Rd and Keystone.  The range is at the shit plant.  From allisonville go west on 96th to the first stop light.  Go north (take a right) until you see officers directing traffic, it is less then a tenth of amile from 96th st.  If you go more then a tenth of a mile you have gone to far, the entrance is to your right as you go north.  From Keystone go about 2 miles east, until you see hazel dell parkway.  Take a left and go the tenth of a mile to the entrance on your right.  I know parking is free, and I am pretty sure it is free to public.    If you need better directions I am sure mapquest can help.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:47:49 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, all you had to mention was the shit plant!  I will try to make it out.  Are you competing?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, competed today. Not sure if I will be in the next couple events.   We had alot of teams pull out due to the situation in Baton Rouge and New Orleans.  Only sixteen teams competing.  Wed.  is a short day only one team event in the morning that should run from 9 til 11ish.   And the individual swat cop event, that is dictated by those willing to participate.  Thursday, as said before is a good day to come see things, esp. the obstacle course.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Got any results?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Lexington Kentucky PD SWAT took the overall championship winning four of the five events.  Carmel PD was second winning one event and finishing in the top five of all events.  All I can say about Lexington PD is that they are very squared away.  I would not want them coming after me.  Two of there guys finished first and second in the individual top swat cop competition.  They all are great shooters who went full out on all competitions.  I also liked that the Lexington KY Mayor visited her team on the last day of the competition.    That shows alot of support.   They were a bunch of great guys as well.   Good times were had by all, only a few minor injuries which typically happens yearly on the obstacle course.   A special salute to the men and woman of the Army Ft. Dietrick Security Force SRT.   Most had served in Iraq or Afghan and were all very respectful, professional and outstanding men and one woman.   They didn't finish in the top five but did a hell of a job and were just fun to watch as they attacked every event.   The group received a standing ovation at the awards ceremony for their service to the country.  Their Sgt. received a very nice knife for showing alot of guts and heart during the Obstacle Course Event.  He had failed to negotiate the last obstalce correctly and had to go back and do it again.  On his second time on this particular obstacle exhaustion had gotten the better of him and he fell off the rope traverse.  He was picked up by members of his and other swat teams who were watching.  The entire crowd yelled encouragement and he made it across the rope traverse (on his own) on his third attempt, pretty much in a daze.   He then ran to the finish line and was soon receiving an IV.   It was cool to see all the teams supporting this particular guy.  In the end it was far more important about finishing then where they finished.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:41:05 PM EDT
[#9]
How did Delaware Co. do? I went to their school two years ago this October and we went through the course there, did some shooting too. We got a copy of ISOA magazine and it did not mention anything about Delaware Co. There is a CD floating around at work with some of the comp on it but I have not been able to look at it yet.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't recall.  I will have to check monday.  I know one of there guys won a new RRA rifle in the raffle, so for him it was a good deal
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:02:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Results for this years competition

1.  Lexington PD SWAT Bravo
2.  Carmel PD SWAT
3.  Ind. State Police NFO ERT 2
4.  Lexington PD SWAT Alpha
5.  Lafayette PD SWAT Alpha
6.  Ind. State Police NFO ERT 1
7.  Ind. State Police CFO ERT 1
8.  Logansport PD SWAT
9.  FIAT SWAT (Northern Illinois combined team) Felony Investigation Assist. Team
10. Ft. Dietrick US Army Sec. Force SRT
11. ISP CFO 2
12. Delaware County SWAT
13. Noblesville PD SWAT
14. Lafayette PD SWAT Bravo
15. Plainfield ERT
16. Lawrence PD SWAT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top