Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 8:35:02 PM EDT
 Here we go again, its been what 3 months since the last one? Tell us your deals you may have found or  what  substance a particular vendor might be snorting. Lets hear about it.. I will not be attending gotta work all weekend.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I went this evening (Friday) and thought the show was pretty much crap.  The "usual suspects" were there with plenty of AR goodies; buddies I was with dropped some big $$ at PK and Lone Star.  I bought a boonie hat and a new range bag, that's it.  Only a couple tables with ammo in any quantity, and most of that was Wolf or other Eastern European milsurp. No quality 5.56 in case quantities that I could find, but there was one outfit that had overpriced Olympic, Santa Barbara and Radway Green. Bleh.

Seems like the 1500 is a much better show when it's in the Pepsi buildings. Next year I'll probably do the first show of the year and sit out the rest.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with shooter521 along with one of the guys I work with. I got my RRA 9mm upper for $435 plus tax from Texas Star Group. I could have done a little better online, but none of the other places had any in stock. RRA isn't making/shipping any until they fulfill a large .GOV contract.

Got some stuff at PK's table. Tango Down Vert grip, a bolt on weaver rail, a ARMS 40 low profile same plane BUIS.

Did see some NICE padded rifle cases. http://www.blackgunstuff.com/cases.html Very rugged looking cases for a good price.

More reloading stuff this show than last.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Went today as well. I looked and looked but couldn't hardly find any .223 ammo. I did buy 500 rds of Wolf for plinking from the Ammunition Store. He said that he's got $1.5 million on backorder w/ Winchester, and they told him to expect it around October. Not sure if I heard him correctly, but he aslso said .gov bought a bunch of Wolf off of him to test it out.

Other than that, show was crappier than the last one. I hope they get better this Fall.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Went today as well. I looked and looked but couldn't hardly find any .223 ammo. I did buy 500 rds of Wolf for plinking from the Ammunition Store. He said that he's got $1.5 million on backorder w/ Winchester, and they told him to expect it around October. Not sure if I heard him correctly, but he aslso said .gov bought a bunch of Wolf off of him to test it out.

Other than that, show was crappier than the last one. I hope they get better this Fall.

Wonder if he threw the beef jerky in for free with that order?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:31:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone see any complete AK receivers for sale??  If so how much?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:33:06 AM EDT
[#6]

I am thinking about selling my AR10T.  I was going to go walk around and see if I could get any bites.  I'm not in the mood for a crappy show though.  It seems like the number of booths selling candy and Klingon swords goes up every time.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Not much at all, AK parts-wise.  A friend of mine who's a HUGE AK-nut said the Dayton show @ Hara Arena is THE place to go for that kind of thing (aside from Knob Creek, of course).

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:51:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wonder if he threw the beef jerky in for free with that order?

I wish...haha. I just nodded my head, I was just trying to make small talk with the guy. I was basically asking him about the availability of .223, and that's what he gave me as a response.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#9]
None, zero.  That was one of the things on my list.

Quoted:

I did buy a bunch of other stuff though:
QD stud for A2 buttstock $10
QD stud for freefloat $7
1 box 60gr VMax Blackhills $25
One NIW 20 rd AR magazine $15
3 East German 5.45 Bakelites for $10 each
NRA membership $25

I did not find an AK buffer!  One guy had a bunch of buffers for CETME, HK, 1911... but was sold out of AK.

Saw plenty of milsurps for way too much money.  Lots of $850 Garands.

And one jackass that had fuxored a sawback Swiss bayonet so it would fit on his AR15.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I got an ARMS 40L for $90 from ViperEH
and a bunch of small parts from PK firearms.

Not a bad show, but it wasnt as good as they have been.  Oh well.
I saw the B-2 that did the Mt Comfort Airshot fly overhead.  That was awesome.

ViperEH,
Marge home yet?

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Marge is not, tomorrow will tell the tale.  God willing.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got back.   Overall it was about like any other show in the Expo Hall, though there seemed to be quite a few empty tables.  Conspicuously missing was the guy who was over by the right concession stand at the last show with a bunch of Win. Ranger ammo.  (My dad wanted me to get some more of that ammo for him so I was looking.)  A couple of the dealers said it was a slow show and one said if tomorrow wasn't better they'll barely make enough to pay for the tables.   A-Z Reloading hardly had anything and half of that was tools and Winchester-logo stuff like bar stools and mirrors.  They didn't have a sign and I missed them on the first pass.  

There were several tables with RRA stripped lowers for about $125-135.  One had DPMS stripped for about that same price.  Another had Stag for $99.  Model 1 and PK Firearms were there with their usual stuff.   The table with the DPMS lowers had packaged LPKs too--first time I've seen that.  The usual places with AR mags.  New was about $15 and used ran $12 or 2 for $20 at most places.  And of course the places with 30-year old Colt 20s for $25.

All I bought was some ammo cans and minor odds and ends.  I did get to meet some more arfcommers:  Mr, Mrs, & Lil' Gungho at the Albro's table and Jigga had a table.  (The new AR15.com shirts look good in gray and help with the recognition.)

Atlanta Conservation Club had a table to promote their IPSC/IDPA/ICORE/Steel matches.  It'll be interesting to see if they pick up any new shooters at their next match.

Eagle Creek Park had flyers saying they're hosting a training class for the FL & VA permits "at the next 1500" (not sure if that means at the show or just that weekend) so if you're thinking of getting a FL permit you might want to look into that.

I think the Klingon swords were there, but I didn't notice any Beanie Babies this time.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#13]
A couple friends and I went out to the show today.  I picked up a RRA complete lower from Lone Star for $250.  I also picked up a flat top riser w/ 1" rings from PK for $55.  I got everything that I was looking for, and I think I've convinced my one buddy that he needs to build his first AR.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up 11 Uzi mags, 8 25 rounders and 3 32 rounders for a total of $140 cash.  I just cruised the tables and made cash offers.  32 round Uzi mags are usually close to $30 each so I think I did OK.  I table I picked up 2 IMI 32 rounders and a leather 2 mag pouch for $30 cash.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#15]
 I saw an Ewbanks ak reciever for the pricey sum of $115.  I hate to say it almost looked used at that.
 I missed a good deal on a Finn M27 or M28.  I agree on the no 5.56; I saw very little for sale.  I also saw almost no 7.62 nato come to think of it.  I did get to see the roof spring a leak when it rained.  That had to have sucked for those dealers.
 Oh, and the parking is seriously fouled up this time.  They are building some sort of roller coaster thing in the parking lot.  At least the cat show wasnt going on
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
The roller coster thing is something left over from the state fair from last week.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
 I saw an Ewbanks ak reciever for the pricey sum of $115.  I hate to say it almost looked used at that.

Yup I know the bone head in question.... I talked to him last 1500 told him I would give in $60.00 tops for it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#18]
I went Firday night and picked up an unissued Colt SP1 upper, it is purty.  I found a few FAL parts I needed.  I need to find a B/BC and lower now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:08:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I saw something funny yesterday.  I saw a guy wearing 511 tan pants tucked into desert boots, a tight underarmor brown shirt and a Blackwater hat.  This guy was going for the civilian contractor look.  Funny as hell!  He may have actually been a contractor, but he looked WAY young to me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:47:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I saw something funny yesterday.  I saw a guy wearing 511 tan pants tucked into desert boots, a tight underarmor brown shirt and a Blackwater hat.  This guy was going for the civilian contractor look.  Funny as hell!  He may have actually been a contractor, but he looked WAY young to me.

you were there yesterday and you didn't stop to say hi!?

Mike_L it was great to meet you. Don't forget to shoot me that IM over what we talked about.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Sorry, I did say Hi to Ron, but I was in one helluva hurry!  I had plans for later in the day and had to get back home ASAP!  Sorry I missed ya Patty!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#22]
 I went back today.  I picked up some Thermelt ar mags for $12.50ea in new condition.  I also bought a case of current, real, "Commerial sale unlawful" MREs for $40.  Thats about it.  It seemed like a very slow day today.
 The ammuntion store did seem like their normal selves.  They didnt have much for sale and almost nothing was priced.  They usually have little cards made up with how much stuff is.  It was strange indeed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Well this thing followed me home.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well this thing followed me home.  
img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/ViperEH/galil.jpg

I think I heard some guy ask if he could hunt deer with that Galil.

I didn't get anything but my buddy walked out with a 1928 Mosin 91/30, which is his first gun. Needless to say, his mom wasn't very excited.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I saw a guy wearing an AR15.com shirt.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#27]
I got a VLTOR stock. I couldn't find any XM193.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Sorry, I did say Hi to Ron, but I was in one helluva hurry!  I had plans for later in the day and had to get back home ASAP!  Sorry I missed ya Patty!

No problem, I may not have even been there when you buzzed through. We'll see you next weekend (Monday) if everything goes as planned.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:49:53 AM EDT
[#29]

No problem, I may not have even been there when you buzzed through. We'll see you next weekend (Monday) if everything goes as planned.

Sonds good, I will call Ron later this week.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I saw several members at the show. Seen a few wearing the Arfcom shirts too. I stopped by and admired the display Jigga had. That guy always has some goodies. Those sniper rifles were awesome! I bought a couple things from him and J&T. PK had the usual ar15 goodies and I always look there too. Seemed the turnout was a little lower than normal, probably had to do with the air show going on.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#32]
What day did you go?  On Saturday at around noon the place was packed.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Went Saturday sometime after noon. Met Jigga at his booth. There's the one guy that sells his knives at "below dealer cost". Had a Cold Steel Recon Scout for $115, dealer just down the row had it for $86 w/ the newer sheath.
Left with an Ontario Rat7 in D2 steel, a Cold Steel SRK, and a Kershaw Leek w/ smoke finish for my wife for $203, all from the same dealer. Cheaper than mail order, and no tax or shipping.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I went Firday night and picked up an unissued Colt SP1 upper, it is purty.  

Speaking of SP1 uppers, last time I was in Plainfield Shooting Supply he had 6-8 complete SP1 uppers on the counter.  I remember noticing that they had the old-style (straight) delta ring, but didn't pay too much attention to the other features.  

What answer did he get?  I know a kid up in WI that got his first deer with a MAK-90, but it's shotgun only in Indiana, right?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I went Firday night and picked up an unissued Colt SP1 upper, it is purty.  

Speaking of SP1 uppers, last time I was in Plainfield Shooting Supply he had 6-8 complete SP1 uppers on the counter.  I remember noticing that they had the old-style (straight) delta ring, but didn't pay too much attention to the other features.  

What answer did he get?  I know a kid up in WI that got his first deer with a MAK-90, but it's shotgun only in Indiana, right?

If I remember right, "I suppose" was the answer.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Shotgun only in IN.  Can't imagine why you'd want to hunt deer with a 5.56 gun that has a 8" barrel.  Reasonable precaution with a good 16" (or more) AR and correct ammo would be fine, but its against the law.  Micro galil needs some work, but for the price I got it at, should be an excellent value.  Here comes another tax stamp.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Overall, I was somewhat disappointed in the GunShow. I would really love to go to the "GOOD" shows that I always see pictures about, and ones that take up entire warehouses and such, but this month's Expo experience was... Bare. There was a lot of empty spaces, and everything was slim to none.

I "did" however, manage to find a G.I. Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911A1 for $389 ($417 w/tax) so I had to snag that! It was the very last one the guy had, so I took it. It's gorgeous, I plan on shooting it tomorrow for the first time, I'll probably run 30 rounds through it.

Lets just hope the October gunshow will be better, seeing as how they're going to be giving Concealed Weapons instruction training or something like that... Can't really remember what the courses were for, but it was something alone those lines.

Aim-On

-Covert
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:04:21 AM EDT
[#38]
The training at the Oct. show is whatever is required to get a FL or VA out-of-state carry permit.  I talked to the guy from Eagle Creek about it briefly and he said that Ohio doesn't recognize IN, but will recognize FL (and maybe VA too) so if you get one you could carry in Ohio.  IIRC he said the VA permit is the only out-of-state one recognized by WV, which is why you might want that one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Ok, I said what I got was an SP1, It is an ealry A1 all colt.  It is exactly what I was issued when I first went in the Army, then we went to the A2.  The old pencil barrels shot just fine, and I still don't understand why they went to the A2 and beyond.  
I could hit 500m troop targets just the same as I could with the A2.  Plus, I liked the triangle handguards better then the round ones, I would like to see them give the troops those and see which ones they like better.  You could set those down on a sand bag and it would stay in position, the only drawback is that they broke to easy.  

I know its all about the rails now.

The show other then that was is getting worse, there should be more bins with junk parts you can dig through.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#40]
{short rant}

Everytime I go to that show, I look and look and look.  All I can find AK-wise usually is some Romanian rifles, and one or two Polytechs, which are priced out of my range for an AK.  Why oh why can't I ever find a decent Bulgarian AK???????
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#41]
jb, you need to visit knob creek in october.  If you cant find a decent AK at that gun show, you arent going to find one.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top