Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 3:13:50 PM EDT
I am planning to go to the Mt. Comfort Air Show for the first time can anyone tell me what time I should get there on Saturday to beat the crowds? Also is there kind of a back way in from Greenfield? 74 always looks packed on that weekend. Any other helpfull info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ZSD
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am planning to go to the Mt. Comfort Air Show for the first time can anyone tell me what time I should get there on Saturday to beat the crowds?

Early.

My Dad and I will be going on Sunday. Our first time in many, MANY years. The Mt. Comfort show used to be among the best in the state, then took a majorly wrong turn a few years ago. They seem to be back on track now, with major corporate sponsors and national acts (Blue Angels, etc). If the weather cooperates, it should be a good time.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I have not been in awhile, but my daughter is begging to go.  The gates open at 8am so my plan is to be parked in line before 8am.  I think the show starts at noon?

I have a good friend who is very involved with this show so I am going to call him thsi weekend to get the scoop.  I will post any details I get.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. Look forward to any details.
ZSD
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Where are you coming from? If from Indy you could take 465 to US 40 and go that route.

Google maps is a great thing.  I typed in "Greenfield IN" and shows the map.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I am fairly sure that Indy/Marion Co. 21st St. (200/210 N) continues into Hancock Co., and 300 N. goes through.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Zoub or anybody with connections to the show:

I've been to the homepage (www.indyairshow.com) and seen the list of performers, and noticed that modern military stuff is conspicuously absent, save for the Blues. In years past, there have been A-10/AH-64/F-14/F-15/AV-8B demos, as well as flybys by F-16s from the Air Guard guys at Terre Haute, the F-117 and B-2.  Is there anything like that in the program for this year?

Also, what's with the announcement on the front page that the Blues needed a Hancock County judge's ruling in order to perform?

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I usually fly in....  maybe we should all meet somewhere, chat a bit, put faces to nicknames
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Went to Mt. Comfort today (Sunday). Great weather, and a pretty good show overall - not the best I've ever been to, but not the worst by any means!  The Blue Angels, as always, put on a great performance. I was a little disappointed in the lack of modern military aircraft (someone said in another thread that there was a B-2 flyby on Saturday?), but there were some unique vintage warbirds in attendance that helped make up for it. Got some pretty good pics; I'll post them here later this week.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#9]
A few pics...

B-17:

B-25 Mitchell (one of 2 at the show):

F-4U Corsair and TBM Avenger:

P-51D Mustang:

P-47D Thunderbolt, P-38 Lightning, P-51D Mustang

"Heritage Flight" - Current T-6 Texan II and vintage T-6 Texan trainers:

T-6 Texan of the Aeroshell Aerobatic Team:

The Blue Angels' "Fat Albert" C-130 support plane, jet-assisted takeoff:

The Blue Angels F/A-18 Hornets:

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 3:12:22 AM EDT
[#10]
B2 bomber buzzed us in the parking lot of the gunshow on saturday about 1430.  Did it fly over out there sometime around then?  Very very cool event.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:14:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
B2 bomber buzzed us in the parking lot of the gunshow on saturday about 1430.  Did it fly over out there sometime around then?  Very very cool event.  

Don't know about Saturday, but we didn't get any B2 action on Sunday, and the show site claimed "same show both days".  I've seen the Spirit at previous shows, though, and it's one helluva cool bird. F-117A, too. Would love to see an F/A-22 flyby one day...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top