Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2005 12:40:31 PM EDT
Do any of you folks using verizon DSL have problems getting to Arf.com?
I no longer have access using verizon! Right now I'm using a proxy server to access my account. Time to raise hell!!

Here's another link of people having problems, it's wide spread.
glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=351768

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I was on phone with Verizon for 2 hours twice today. They are working on it and know it is their problem. I am in Ft. Wayne but problem is all over. I also have a proxy server and problem is on the DSL server
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:23:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was on phone with Verizon for 2 hours twice today. They are working on it and know it is their problem. I am in Ft. Wayne but problem is all over. I also have a proxy server and problem is on the DSL server

They finally admitted it was their problem!? I've been following this for some time and all everyone else seems to get from them is it isn't their problem.
I don't use verizon, no intentions of using it either, for anything, since this fiasco has started.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Verizon DSL, I was actually one of the first in Lafayette to get it and I didnt have any problems. FWIW I do find I need to power my machine off once every few days and bring it back up or it does seem to slow down. I also run AdAware as well when I do that. I have no complaints with DSL, its not quite as fast as cable, but cable can bog down when there are a bunch of people watching TV like on a Sunday afternoon or Sat nite. At least is was a few years ago when I also was a beta subscriber for cable here in town. Ill stick with DSL for now.
I hear Kokomo really good cable.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Verizon called me today. The tech. can now get ar15 at office and couldnt yesterday. Got him to go to glocktalk and see that is problem in different places in US.

Said they are working on it but may take couple more days.

They do know its their problem and also know we have lots and lots of members getting frustraited.

Of course, I just happened to mention, "If you have the money for an AR, you can get any computer hook up you want".

He assured me, they are working on problem but does not know cause yet.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Of course, I just happened to mention, "If you have the money for an AR, you can get any computer hook up you want".

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi Gang!
Wison, I've tried every trick in the book!!! Verizon told me that it was Ar15.coms problem. When I told them that the problem was wide spread they told me that I was the first person they had heard of having problems. I'm using a proxy right now. I've checked all the other URLs and have had no luck. As long as I'm able to use "free" proxy's... wink wink... I'll be able to check in once and awhile.
Glad to know that verizon is admitting they have the problem.
I told them that I would be canceling ALL of my service's if they couldn't remedy the problems.
My technical history with verizon reads like a horror story. I hate to say this but I'm kinda glad that I'm not the only one around here (Fort Wayne) that's having the problem. Strength in numbers I guess, now it sounds like verizon's finally listening to people.

By the way bluesteel....

I like your style, it's a very valid point indeed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 3:22:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks 1jackal,

My idea was same as yours. Strength in numbers. We should let them know, it's their problem and we can use any company we want for our internet here in Ft. Wayne.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:44:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Verizons phone number for this is 1-800-567-6789.

Also, we should pack their email box full of complaints.

The email address is:  [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:07:11 AM EDT
[#11]
At this moment my verizon is able to reach arfcom with no problems!!!
WOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I went to my verizon server and got on fine after your notice. However, the only tab that come with forums is the "user info" tab, so I cant post.

I am on wifes laptop now with Linksys wireless and all tabs are up just fine.

Did you have to reset something on your Verizon link, or your computer?
I am not real computer smart.

NEVER MIND:
Like a dumb ass, I had forgot to log back in. Now it works fine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#13]

NEVER MIND:
Like a dumb ass, I had forgot to log back in. Now it works fine.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone when it comes to doing such things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top