Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 6:49:18 PM EDT
Hey all.

Got my issue of America's First Freedom (NRA member mag) today, and it has an insert listing all the federal and state candidates for office, along with their NRA rating and endorsement (where applicable). Couldn't help but notice that NRA has endorsed and given an "A" rating to District 63 incumbent Democrat Dave Crooks, against whom our very own Paul "TheCommissioner" McFeaters is running.  

Super-friggin-weak!!  If what Paul has said about Mr. Crooks wanting to ban hunting statewide within so many square miles of a school is true, how could NRA endorse the guy in good conscience?

To their credit, they also gave Paul an "A" rating, but for some reason he didn't get the endorsement. Hope it wasn't his association with us "EE-VILLE Black Rifle" guys that hurt his rep!  

Good luck on Nov. 2, Paul!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I noticed that myself late last nite in the reading room (bathroom to everyone else).
There are some really skewed results this year IMHO.
I wonder if there are some "faked" surveys submitted just to throw us off.
Maybe the libs are smarter than we thought?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's the scoop straight from campaign headquarters:

1)  All things being equal, especially in the case where both candidates get rated 'A', the incumbent will always get the endorsement.  Consider it a reward for voting the NRA line.

2)  I contacted the NRA and asked them why they endorsed Crooks when he'd tried to ban hunting with firearms within a mile of a school.  Their response was that Crooks "made a mistake" and when he realized he'd made a "mistake", he contacted the NRA immediately to let them know what he had done.  In the NRA's opinion, Crooks' "mistake" was balanced against his total voting record and it is "minor" compared to his votes for NRA issues.  The NRA forgave him for his transgression.  If anything, the hunting ban bill cost Crooks an 'A+' rating.   I tried to make the case that since Crooks hasn't had opposition since 1998, he's drifted to liberalism which means gun control.  They disagree.  The NRA likes Crooks and are willing to cut him some slack on his "mistake".  I am betting the voters won't cut him the same slack.  Crooks' mistake has been publicized with huge half-page newspaper ads in the district.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Go Paul, GO!!  

Funny how I'm more interested in this race, than I am the one that's going on in my own district...

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Go Paul, GO!!  

Funny how I'm more interested in this race, than I am the one that's going on in my own district...

Thanks for the encouragement!  We are running to win!

We appreciate all the support, both financial and moral, our friends have given to us.  Many people are praying for us.  Running for an office representing 60,000 constituents is a humbling experience and my pledge is to never abuse to the trust invested in me.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You should send em this pic, see if the NRA changes its mind.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
lol
He would have my vote.  If i could vote here that is.  (Lousy WI residency)

Good Luck Mr. Commissioner.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
That thing weighs like 35 pounds or something, and Paul's holding it like a .22LR on a squirrel hunt!

Good luck, Paul. The next 11 days are going to be hectic.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The next 11 days are going to be hectic.

If the next 11 days are any more hectic than the last few days, I will look like a gerbil on speed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
That picture makes me smile.    Best of Luck!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:07:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That picture makes me smile.    Best of Luck!

Thanks!...............but where's the ammo?  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
GOOD LUCK PAUL!!!! and best of luck!! we nned more guys like you!! i am a indy resid. so i cant vote for ya but you have my support all the same!!! nice squirrell gun there fella!!!lolol
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Thats harsh man, really harsh. I've got a can of 40 rounds in my room.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thats harsh man, really harsh. I've got a can of 40 rounds in my room.

Hang on to it.  We'll probably do another group shoot next year.  Then you can open that Bad Boy up and make the bluegills' ears ring!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top