Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 8:22:26 PM EDT
I went to range masters in chesterton today to shoot my new ar and heres how it went...
First Im not a big fan of the store they have a crap for stock and bullets forget about it. All the guns are behind the counter so you have to ask to see them or find out the price. But the reason for this is about the range so here I go. They do have a great indoor range that cost them 80,000
dollars hats off to them for that. However when I was there today I paid my 15 dollars to shoot for an hour, which I didn't mind because its a nice range and you can shoot pretty much what ever you want including 50's and full auto. But it was so frecking cold in there I had to keep my coat on the whole time and if had gloves would have put those on as well. I was there for about 30 mins when my nose was running and i said screw it and left. On my way out I told the girl behind the desk and the gun manager it was way to cold up there and they just dismised it. I will not be going back there for anything again. Do you think Im just being crazy and a little cry baby or am I right?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:34:41 AM EDT
[#1]
They should have turned on the heat.  They are cheap fucktards over there.  I got lucky when I was there about two weeks ago.  I put three boxes through the MP5SD for free.  It was my wife's first firearm experience and she gets to shoot a suppressed MP5 full auto.  Needles to say she is hooked.  

Yeah its a nice range, way better than Lester the Molester's, but too expensive.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:47:06 AM EDT
[#2]
what was the outside temp?
what was inside?
it the range part of the building heated?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#3]
It was warmer outside then in and when you spend 800,000 dollars for a range it better have some freckin heat!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Typically they have to keep indoor ranges well ventialted due to health regulations (lead dust etc) so a lot of them are ass freezing cold in the winter.

In the winter, I prefer to go to an outdoor range that has covered shooting positions and set up a small portable heater for my feet and legs!  It can be more comfortable than a cold indoor range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top