Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 7:55:39 PM EDT
Can anyone direct me to a dealer in the Southern IN area that will handle transfers without all the problems I have been having (outright refusal to handle, $50 to $100 fees, etc.)  I live near Evansville, and cannot seem to find a source for my EE addiction.  Thanks!

ETA if noone knows a Southern IN dealer, Indy area dealers will work too!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Acme Sports near Seymour. He's on the Subguns.com Recommended Dealer List.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a link to lookup transfer dealers by zip code from gun broaker
http://www.gunbroker.com/user/dealernetwork.asp
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Joe is a great guy, I doubt you could go wrong with him.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Joe is a great guy, I doubt you could go wrong with him.

I just saw him this evening. I gotta quit going to his shop, as it seems like I spend money everytime I'm there.

I ordered an SRT Hurricane .223 suppressor through him a while back. When the Form 3 transfer was approved I went in to pick up my Form 4's and ended up ordering an SRT Shadow .308 suppressor whileI was there. Well, the Form 3 transfer for it was approved this week, so I made the drive over there to pick up the Form 4's for it this evening. I ended up buying an AAC Pilot .22LR suppressor, so I had to drop off TWO sets of Form 4's at the Sheriff's Department on the way home tonight.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a lady in Newburgh that does transfers cheap.  I want to say she is on Telephone Road, but I will look and get a street address the next time I am up there.  The name of it is "The Trading Post"

There are also a few in Boonville.

Opie
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Trading Post is Near Castle High in Newburgh, Put N Take East of Boonville does mine, $20 charge.
Good folks
Thom
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Cosners in Bedford is tranfering for me right now for $20.00.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll put in another "+1" for Esther at the Trading Post.  She likes to talk but she's very friendly and low-hassle.  She only charged $10 per transfer until just recently when she went to $20 per transfer.  Her address is 7466 Oak Grove Road in Newburgh.  Her phone number is (812) 853-8488.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That's a shock!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a shock!

I was at Cosners today, that boy is HIGHER than hell on most of his stuff!  $2895 for 9mm Colt AR!  On the other hand, last night I spent a couple of hours with Joe from Acme!  Great guy, now I've GOT to get a can!  I tried out his Pilot Suppressor, and I'm hooked!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah the stuff at Cosners is pretty pricey.  I was really suprised that the transfer was only $20.00. When I worked at Gun Gallery in Jax Florida we charged $50.00 if I remember right.  I got my  Stag arms lower from Eagle Firearms on thursday and it was an easy transfer. I wont complain but I do  my gun buying other places. I will have to go to Acme I didnt know they were there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top