Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2004 8:27:34 AM EDT
I thought it would be okay to start a topic for our local RKBA issues ... I'll start with this:

Given the recent incident where the Indianapolis Police Officer was killed, it is inevitable that the anti-liberty and anti-gun forces will very quickly act to exploit the tragedy for their own agendae.  In addition, it is obvious that many otherwise well-intentioned people will be acting and speaking based on emotions, which will only serve to make a bad situation worse.

I just want to remind you all that now would be a good time to write a few letters and make a few telephone calls to your state reps and senators to express your opinions and urge them to act responsibly and not pass any new restrictions on firearms or their possession.  We clearly have too many gun laws and regulations as it is, and more will not make things better.

Tell your friends!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely.

This is a tragic event and I am sad to see lives ended like this, Officer Laird was doing his job, he was ambushed by a mentally challenged man intent on destruction.

There will no doubt be many knee jerkers calling for all kinds of action, it is up to us to remain as the voices of reason.  In doing so I believe we are in part helping honor his memory because in these letters we should be mentioning solutions that have a better chance of working than just banning guns - better equipment and officer training will be at the top of my list.  Harsher penalties/no tolerance for those that choose the low road is another, ask that judges take a tougher stance, point out the dangers of early release.  Particular to this matter is the situations involving people diagnosed with mentally instabilities, laws that made the Police give this mans guns back when they knew fully that he was a high risk individual.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I would like to see Indiana pass a law like the Oklahoma law,,,
HB2122 passed and was signed by the Governor. This new law allows Permit/License holders to carry onto private parking lots their concealed firearm and store it in their locked vehicle. The Bill States, "No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle." The law becomes effective 11/1/04.
I work for a large corporation and they can search cars in the parking lots and find lots more drugs and alchohol than guns but the fuckin union (aka democrats) will always defend the lowlifes but stand down for honest and hard working gun owners.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would like to see Indiana pass a law like the Oklahoma law,,,
HB2122 passed and was signed by the Governor. This new law allows Permit/License holders to carry onto private parking lots their concealed firearm and store it in their locked vehicle. The Bill States, "No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle." The law becomes effective 11/1/04.
I work for a large corporation and they can search cars in the parking lots and find lots more drugs and alchohol than guns but the fuckin union (aka democrats) will always defend the lowlifes but stand down for honest and hard working gun owners.

this doesn't affect me since I don't work, I would love to see something like that here though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top