Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2004 10:53:08 PM EDT
Does anyone here listen to him in the am on 1070am? Im sick of boob and tom and Greg is about 100% in tune with what Im thinking.  He had the manchurian candidate McCain on the other day, McCain is such a worhless dick.
Link Posted: 5/19/2004 6:06:54 AM EDT
[#1]
What did they talk about?  I have not listened to any of his shows so am unfamiliar with the format.
Link Posted: 5/19/2004 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Current events & politics. Greg Garrison is great but unfortunately I am now working nights so am sleeping too late to listen.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/19/2004 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Garrison does a talk show format aka Hannity, Rush, Bortz and so on. He gave McCain an earfull about how sick and tired the folks here in flyover country are of the BS about the photos of Iraq and the politicizing of the war and the libs and media giving aid and comfort to the enemy. He has some national level guests almost daily. I think he had Cheany once. If Im going in early I listen, I know he is on after 9am and I think he goes 2 hours, Im not sure. I listen on my hour drive to work.
He lives in TH and is a lawyer and now out of politics, Id like to see him run for federal office but I dont know if he would.
http://www.wibc.com/garrison/
Link Posted: 5/20/2004 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe he was one of the Mike Tyson prosecutors.
Link Posted: 5/23/2004 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Tell me, do you listen to him? I would imagine if you do he must make you upset when he bashes on the Star for turning into a leftist paper since it was bought by gannet.  He points out thier leftist tacticts at least a couple times a week.
Link Posted: 5/23/2004 9:45:42 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife used to listen to him every day until I got her hooked on Glenn Beck.  Greg Garrison seems to be right on with the issues.
Link Posted: 5/23/2004 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tell me, do you listen to him? I would imagine if you do he must make you upset when he bashes on the Star for turning into a leftist paper since it was bought by gannet.  He points out thier leftist tacticts at least a couple times a week.

Why would I listen to such a nutcase ?

Link Posted: 5/23/2004 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is a very outspoken supporter of gunrights and from the way he talks spends a fair amount of time at the range.  Is that what makes him a "nutcase"? Or do you prefer to listen to AirAmerica?
Link Posted: 5/23/2004 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My wife used to listen to him every day until I got her hooked on Glenn Beck.  Greg Garrison seems to be right on with the issues.

Never heard of Glenn. What station are you hearing him on, and what part of the state?
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 2:50:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He is a very outspoken supporter of gunrights and from the way he talks spends a fair amount of time at the range.  Is that what makes him a "nutcase"? Or do you prefer to listen to AirAmerica?

I hate to disappoint you but I don't waste my time listening to nutcases on either side.
(I REALLY don't hate to disappoint you. I just said that to be nice. )
Link Posted: 5/24/2004 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate to disappoint you but I don't waste my time listening to nutcases on either side.

Pot, meet kettle.
Link Posted: 5/25/2004 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pot, meet kettle.

Don't get me wrong, you can listen to nutcases all you want. I would hate to think I held you back when you are striving to improve yourself.

Preacher; meet choir !
Link Posted: 5/25/2004 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I dont suppose you listen much to anyone billy, you already seem to know it all or are convinced you do.  I be you just make friends every where you go dont you?
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 1:17:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I dont suppose you listen much to anyone billy, you already seem to know it all or are convinced you do.  I be you just make friends every where you go dont you?

What's the matter ? Panties in a bunch ?  Don't worry, you'll get over yourself eventually.
Just keep telling yourself, "It's just the internet.", "It's just the internet."

Edited to add: Calling me Billy is not an insult as some friends and family still do even though I am 56. If you would like to discuss Garrison further then come to Tipton some weekend and we will go shoot at the club I belong to in Elwood. My phone number is in the book. I'll even listen to YOU !
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Sorry Billy, I would think at your age you realize the older we get, most of realize how little we truely know and have yet to learn, I think its a wisdom with age thing.  It doesnt  seem to have hit you yet.
I cant shoot this weekend, I am working and the weekend of the 5th Ill be in E'ville at the state IDPA match. After that my calender is full between IDPA and IPSC and a little steel if I can work it in.  Sadly I havnt had time to even get my SP-1 Carbine out of the safe this spring.
Link Posted: 5/26/2004 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sorry Billy, I would think at your age you realize the older we get, most of realize how little we truely know and have yet to learn, I think its a wisdom with age thing.  It doesnt  seem to have hit you yet.
I cant shoot this weekend, I am working and the weekend of the 5th Ill be in E'ville at the state IDPA match. After that my calender is full between IDPA and IPSC and a little steel if I can work it in.  Sadly I havnt had time to even get my SP-1 Carbine out of the safe this spring.

Too bad ! Give me a call if you break free.
As for wisdom, I am doing fine but you need a mirror and a little less anger and self-righteousness in your life. It's a big world with lots of people who will not bend to your way of thinking or accept your views. Learn to live with it.

It's just the internet. It's just the internet. It's just the internet.

Link Posted: 5/27/2004 10:25:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Billy, its not about being right. I dont think anywhere I have taken an "Im right and your wrong attitude", its an OPINION about a radio show that you seem to have to hijack with your boorish comments.  You are right about the fact that is just the net so I really dont know why you seem to want to turn it into a pissing contest.  Best of luck, Im done.
Link Posted: 5/28/2004 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Billy, its not about being right. I dont think anywhere I have taken an "Im right and your wrong attitude", its an OPINION about a radio show that you seem to have to hijack with your boorish comments.  You are right about the fact that is just the net so I really dont know why you seem to want to turn it into a pissing contest.  Best of luck, Im done.

If you don't want comments (boorish or otherwise) then don't post. Also, I don't care whether you "piss" or not (or how far !) You wanted to give me a ration of shit and I didn't take it so now you call it a pissing contest and slink off.

See ya !

P. S.
I'm still up for some shooting. Call me !
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:46:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't get to listen to him very often, but I really like Greg Garrison's show.  He's obviously a good man, very intelligent and articulate,  and he makes a lot of sense on almost every issue he discusses.  He is exceptionally strong on individual right to keep and bear arms, which is unusual given that is a former big city prosecutor.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#20]
So what if I'm green?  Bravo, tnek!  Thanks for being a voice of reason.
(I have a feeling that there's more here than just a friendly discussion of radio shows...but, again, who cares?!)
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:24:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
<center><table width=85% border=0><tr><td width=100% class=textBody><hr height=1px color=black noshade>Quoted:
Never heard of Glenn. What station are you hearing him on, and what part of the state?

I should check back on some of these threads.  Sorry for not seeing this until now.

1190 am  WOWO out of Ft. Wayne 9:00 am
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top