Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2004 1:44:26 PM EDT
I have met Marvin and I like him, even better my Mom likes him too.  He is PRO Gun.  This E-mail came today.  I have asked him to post here and make himself available for questions and comments.  If he does, then I will be impressed.

I want to thank everyone for their support over the past 16 months. Our
campaign has been on the road daily listening to the stories of Hoosiers and we will continue to pick up the pace all the way to Election Day. So often we get so busy and forget to say thank you and I want to make sure you all know how dearly I appreciate your support.

Evan and I will debate the issues for the next six months and it is you
that will decide if the results he has brought back to Indiana deserve another six years or if we deserve better. I believe Indiana can and will do better with new leadership. We can no longer be satisfied with being last.

Last Tuesday was a remarkable day for the campaign. When the numbers
became final, we beat Evan by 30,778 votes
(334,311 to 303,533). Rest assured this is just the beginning.

Please join me over the next six months in a "Conversation of Hope for
Indiana."

We will  present solutions, vision and compassion and not just the negative statistics we hear daily. My campaign will answer any question and speak to any group. I am not  running for office to win an election, but to make a difference..

This campaign is not about Evan Bayh the person, but Evan Bayh the liberal. His voting record does not reflect his rhetoric or the values, dreams and aspirations of our great state.

Whomever wins this election will be confronted with some major issues and it is imperative that every voter know the difference between Evan Bayh and Marvin Scott.

Here are 5 simply questions to ask your family, friends and colleagues in order for them to grasp the enormity of this campaign:

1) Should President Bush’s tax cuts be made permanent?

2) Should we put an end to frivolous lawsuits that have led to skyrocketing health care costs?

3) Should we pass a comprehensive energy bill that moves America away from dependence on foreign oil?

4) Should we cut small business’ taxes, burdensome regulations and open new markets for Hoosier businesses so products are labeled from Indiana and not China or Mexico?

5) Should the practice of  "advise and consent" be restored back into the nomination process, especially when it comes to the 2-4 Supreme Court retirements over the next six years?

These are just a few of the important issues that will face the winner of this campaign. I ask that you  encourage your friends to get involved because as we learned Tuesday, every vote counts. Thanks again for all the support. God Bless you all.

Marvin Scott
U.S. Senate Nominee (R-IN)
[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Zoub,

he does seem to have his head in the game from what I have seen off him.  I think he is definitely worthy of a closer look and as crunch time draws nearer I believe you will see him get closer to the issues than Evan Bayh.  He seems to be a free thinker and will certainly be force in the coming elections.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Zoub,

he does seem to have his head in the game from what I have seen off him.  I think he is definitely worthy of a closer look and as crunch time draws nearer I believe you will see him get closer to the issues than Evan Bayh.  He seems to be a free thinker and will certainly be force in the coming elections.

Outside of this board, I have NEVER heard of this man or seen/heard ANY campaign TV/radio spots or literature.
How do you expect him to have any effect on the election ?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
From what I saw over the past few years, first you have to factor in how the Republican party has been run in Marion county, band of thieves in my opinion.  Next, Scott was sort of on the outs with them when he ran against Julia Carson.  The party gave him no support, he probaly could have beat her with some  real support.  He spoke his mind, and he got the cold shoulder from the party after that.

Of course now all of those gifted leaders are gone.

So it basically comes down to the effort he has made on his own.  I think he is better known in the southern part of the state, even though he lives and works here in Indy.

I have zero expectations, as the Republican party continues to be about as tactical as a rubber crutch.  BUT our man Mitch is running so that brings more attention to Indiana.  Very few elected officials in Indiana have accomplished anything in the past 10 years.  The brain drain since 92 now affects our ability to create new jobs with so much talent being lost, and Indiana is at the bottom nationally in terms of job creation.  All incumbents are at risk right now, and every Senate seat race is critical now.  Bush is weak as it is, if he loses control of either house, he is in even more trouble, assuming he even wins.

Maybe, just maybe the Republican party will make an effort to try to win here.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Outside of this board, I have NEVER heard of this man or seen/heard ANY campaign TV/radio spots or literature.

I haven't either, and I live in southern Indiana. I sure would like to see someone pro-gun beat out Evan Bayh though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]

How do you expect him to have any effect on the election ?

For the reasons I stated above. I see a real alternative to Julia Carson who, to me, is long overdue for replacement as are many others.  

Anyone running against Bayh has an up hill battle as he has considerable backing from the upper echelon of his party.  The events surrounding the recent prisoner abuse debacle are becoming clearer and Bayh is implicated along with 16 others as having been informed of  the wrong doings and ignoring it. The first real incident to sully his reputation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The events surrounding the recent prisoner abuse debacle are becoming clearer and Bayh is implicated along with 16 others as having been informed of  the wrong doings and ignoring it. The first real incident to sully his reputation.

Details and any links to the story ?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The events surrounding the recent prisoner abuse debacle are becoming clearer and Bayh is implicated along with 16 others as having been informed of  the wrong doings and ignoring it. The first real incident to sully his reputation.

Senators Ignored Prisoner Abuse Reports
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Jesus Christ, don't ya just love the web.  If we ever beat down these career politicians it will be information flowing from the web.  That is a list of complete bitchers and complainers, most of them rich too.

By the way, what has Evan Bayh ever accomplsihed OUTSIDE of politics?  Does he have any real world experience in anything worth a shit? We look more and more like old England and their Generations of Royalty.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Senators Ignored Prisoner Abuse Reports

Thanks !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top