Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 6:21:43 AM EDT
I'm looking for a new place to shoot. Pistols and rifles (AK & CETME). Anyone know of a decent place within 40 miles of Indy? Thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Atlanta CC-east of Atlanta/Hamilton-Tipton County Line.

Elwood CC-south of SR28/Tipton-Madison County Line

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Depending on which side of Indy you're on, there's also Riley CC on the southeast side of Terre Haute and Deer Creek CC up I-69 near Fairmount.  Both have rifle ranges to 200 yards (at least, maybe longer at Riley) and bays for IPSC pistol, but are closer to 60 miles from their respective sides of Indy.  There's also Camp Atterbury near Seymour.

I used to work with a guy who shot at a Fish & Game or something like that somewhere in Marion County.  On the west side I think.  Probably pistol-only there.  Sorry I don't remember the name of the place.  I've always shot on family land so I never go to public ranges except for matches.

Almost forgot, there's also a range at Eagle Creek Park, but it's only open on weekends, $10/day to shoot, pistol only.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Ilive about 10minutes away from Deer Creec CC and I hear they are thinking about adding two more distances at the rifle range, going back to 300 & 400. I hope so!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:26:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Atterbury is where I usually go, but I don't care too much for that place. I would like to find a "members only" type place. I've been nervous more than once at Atterbury. Some people should leave their guns at home. :)
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I've never shot at Atterbury, but several people I know refuse to shoot there because they've been swept too many times.  Others will only shoot there with a second gun on their hip.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Atterbury is where I usually go, but I don't care too much for that place. I would like to find a "members only" type place. I've been nervous more than once at Atterbury. Some people should leave their guns at home. :)

I have a friend who is in the Marion county club Mike L mentioned.  It was shotgun and pistol only last I heard.  There is a private club close to the Northside (15 miles) that goes to 200 yards.  I had planned to join a few year ago but got busy.  Has an old club house, trap pad too.

Go to Wyatts gun shop in Cicero and talk to Wyatt or Dennis about the club.  The club is actually south of Cicero, very close to Indy.

About 2 hours south, down hwy 65 near New Albany, I am in a club that goes 500 yards.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Zoub-

Can you post or email me some info on the club down by New Albany? Thanks

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Rhinodo99,

I belong to the Marion County Fish & Game Association.

Their websight says,"Our objectives are to encourage and promote organized shooting sports among our members and the citizens of our community.  

To that end we maintain a 100 yard shooting range in which members may shoot rim-fire, .22 cal. rifles, muzzle-loaders, shotguns, air-guns, and handguns.

Center-fire rifles and handguns chambered in rifle calibers are not permitted."

It's a great place to shoot handguns and Trap and Skeet. The .22 portion is 100yrds, which is nice. It is well maintained and worth the yearly fee.

The big drawback is the lack of space for a centerfire rifle range.

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:25:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't know if any of this helps, but FWIW:

<-- click

<---- click

<--- click

Indiana Shooting Ranges

USN Sunrise / Sunset Calculator

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:31:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Center-fire rifles and handguns chambered in rifle calibers are not permitted.
What about rifles chambered in pistol calibers?  Such as a 9mm AR or a .44 lever action?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#11]
No...no centerfire rifles regardless of caliber. Too bad, because I've got a sweet little Navy Arms Win M66 "Yellowboy" in .45Colt that I would like to be able to shoot there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top