Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2003 2:54:25 PM EDT
To help me unload a couch and kitchen table.  Anytime Sat or Sun.  Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Luke
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Luke! Glad to see you back!  QS is at Gunsite all weekend or I would totally volunteer him.  Maybe Zoub or Seth can help you out.  I'm at work or I would help.  (Actually, I have ovaries and therefore do not move furniture.)

Anyway, how about dinner next weekend if you are available?  We'd be willing to come to your side of town!

Marian
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
dinner sounds good!, Hopefully someone will be able to help me out.

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Luke! Glad to see you back!  QS is at Gunsite all weekend or I would totally volunteer him.  Maybe Zoub or Seth can help you out.  I'm at work or I would help.  (Actually, I have ovaries and therefore do not move furniture.)

Anyway, how about dinner next weekend if you are available?  We'd be willing to come to your side of town!

Marian

If I had seen this post earlier I would have  got off the site and quit posting.

I would call Seth for you and get his butt over there but I don't have his number!  I love the old "QS is out of town routine"  He better show up with a gunsite hat as proof.

IM me directions, day and time, my cell phone  is fritzed.  I am totally flexible, just hanging out cleaning guns and organizing gear/picking stuff up.

It is not a fold out couch is it?  Do you live on the third floor?
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Zoub:

You did that too, huh?

Don't forget the third question; If the answer to question # 1 & 2 are "yes" - do you have a balcony?!?!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Zoub:

You did that too, huh?

Don't forget the third question; If the answer to question # 1 & 2 are "yes" - do you have a balcony?!?!

Oh geez, major flash back

Or a large picture window that opens and some rope.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:07:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Luke I can give ya a hand Sunday afternoon if ya like.  You still have our number don't you?  Do you need my truck or are we using yours?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:49:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you found help yet?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:55:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like Zoub is comming over this afternoon.  Its a real easy move, bottom floor apartment.  I loaded both items by myself from my storage unit into the truck.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:44:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Cool, I will be in North Indy Sun if something comes up.

Take care, JC
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#10]
You need some more help? I'm just sitting around the house with my boy.  We could head your way if you need another hand.  IMail if you need me.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:34:05 AM EDT
[#11]
You military guys call it "After Action Report".  Well here you go.

If you need to buy something, anything, IM Psy  first, he may have 2 of it and could sell you one.

Large boxes of ammo are heavier when they are not yours.  Strange but true.

One good dead led to another.  On the way home on 465 at about 70 mph, sometimes 80, the truck in front of me lost his entire rear wheel.  The rim folded under then sheard all the lug nuts off and went flying like rubber disc.  He went down on his axle hub like an F-1 driver in the pits.  I put on flashers, jammed brakes and kept people off his ass as he pulled to left.  Tire passed him on the left too, running along the inside wall.  I shadowed the tire with my truck for a 1/4 mile so it would not fly off the inside wall of 465 and hit another car.  Then pulled ahead of it and jumped out and grabbed it.  It was still rolling!  Tossed it on my tailgate and returned it to him.

So it turns out the guy lives near me and real close to my mom.  We grab his guns out of his truck, I drive him home.  We talk about the Deer in the area (Fort Harrison) and some of their favorite areas to cross road.  I drop him off.

I stop by Mom's house, she says "Hey guess who  got a deer through their windshiled last night?"  Family friend, not my mom.  Happened in exact spot we talked about.

A truck hit the deer, the deer went over the truck and went through the passenger side windshield of friends car, that had already slowed down.  Any front seat passenger probably would have been killed.  My Mom who runs a child care service, says "good reason to put kids in backseat".  I say yeah, but what is the the real moral to the story......

How many Deer ever went through the windshield of Dad's 3/4 ton 78 Dodge Power Wagon?  He had a 100% kill ratio with no Deer ending up in his cab.  I bought my first truck in 82, no Deer in my windshield.......yet.

The truck that hit the Deer this week, well that deer went through someone else's windshield, not his.  The guy who lost his rim, his truck did just fine, no body damage either.

I say trucks add years to the average Hoosiers life expectancy.  Trucks with guns even more.

Hmm?  good sig line?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:37:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
(Actually, I have ovaries.)
Marian

Does QS know this?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:58:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Is Luke still alive?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:44:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Yep, Im alive, surrounded by a large number of boxes, cussing the fact that I have a collection of military gear from the 17th Century up till now.  

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
(Actually, I have ovaries.)
Marian

Does QS know this?

Shhh...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top