Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2003 11:27:56 AM EDT
So I've given in to the bug. After an SAR-1, a .308 Enfield, a few other knicks and knacks...

I -really- want an AR-15.

My usual point of supply, Popguns, however, won't order a lower receiver. I'd like to put the thing together myself - to learn the rifle, and to save some money.

So, what -good- experiences has anyone had with Indy-area FFLs, as far as getting parts in? If it matters at all, I'm considering a Bushmaster lower, not sure what kit to purchase yet - Model 1 Sales has caught my eye, though.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Albro's. They're pretty easy to deal with.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll give them a call.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Course ya could buy a NIB Bushmaster from me... I'll even take it apart first!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:20:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Now you've got my attention...

And you know, I'm almost tempted to take you up on the 'take it apart first offer'. ;)

Seriously, though, drop me an email - I may not be buying for a few months (got to accumulate the $), but I am interested.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a list of all of the IN FFL's:

www.shotgunnews.com/fflguide/index.dog

Drop off the "index.dog" & you can search by ZIP code.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:12:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Plainfield Shooting Supply can order a lower for you.  IIRC he quoted me about $100-110 for a RRA lower.  The RRA upper I got through him came in on the day he said it would.

Be sure to look at the J&T kits too.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Bradis Guns in Camby IN can order whatever you might need. I work there on weekends and know a thing or two about ARs, having built 4 myself. If I can be of any assistance, LMK.

www.bradisguns.com

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the suggestions and guidance, everybody - it's -greatly- appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top