Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 7:10:19 PM EDT
Hey guys, I want to make sure I know what is legal in Indiana for transporting a rifle in a vehicle.  I have a pistol carry permit so I'm not worried about my handguns.  Is it legal to have the rifle loaded, or have mags loaded with rifle unloaded in the vehicle?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Regarding rifles, I took a quick look at Indiana code 35-47 on the web, I didn't see any restrictions for a long gun in a car where the adult is legally able to own or posses a gun.

I personally don't know of any for what you described.  I travel with unloaded guns in soft or hard cases and loaded mags in the same case with the gun.

When I bunny hunt with shotguns, we will open the action, empty the chamber, leave the actions open but there are still shells in the mag tube when we put the guns in the truck to drive to the next spot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
A nice freedom to have!
                                          jerryboy
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:57:21 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have a carry permit, you can carry a loaded long gun in the vehicle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:57:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top