Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2003 6:28:51 PM EDT
Took my wife and 3 sons to the air show today.  We had a pretty good time.  Not too crowded and lots of planes to see.  I got sunburned pretty good too.  Got an autographed picture of the Golden Knights parachute team for my boys.  (They weren't able to sign in person today, but we managed to bum an already signed photo at the show.)  I found out my 3 year old really wants to fly.  He was very disappointed he couldn't take off, but loved to sit in the planes.  (Two weeks earlier, he wanted to ride as many rides as he could at Kings Island.)  The national guard had some of their equipment there too.  Got to talk to a guardsman about a TOW missle launcher they had on display.  Very cool.  The show of course had metal detectors just like going through an airport.  Guardsmen were stationed with M-16's.  Yes, they did have mags in the guns.  (Not sure if they were loaded though.)  It's still going on tomorrow (Sunday) if you want to check it out.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I just looked, and the Thunderbirds are listed as being there today (the 27th).  Too bad I have a house full of In-Laws today.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I went on Sun. The show was great but the Thunderbirds were canceled because of severe weather moving in.  About 10 min before they were to appear it was canceled and we started to leave. Got just inside the hanger were the Wright flyer was and it poured the rain. There was a lot of cool stuff, like the AF Reserve jet car, F-16 F-15,F-18, A-10,and others. lotsa mil-vehicles, even had a rock climbing wall. I will be going back next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top