Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2003 8:53:05 AM EDT
Any NW Indiana dealers carry Barnaul/Silver Bear?  My Maadi sure doesn't like Wolf-can't shoot it past 25 yds.  If I can't find it in NW IN, maybe it can be found at the 1500.  I plan on attending the 1500, play golf & tennis, tip a few.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Wolf - can't shoot it past 25 yds.

That's weird.

I've got a few cases 1988 (military) Barnaul stuff. It'll stay under 2-MOA (assuming the rifle can do the same). You're welcome to use a case or two, just replace it when you get a chance.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Not weird, c'mon Wilson!  It just can't be me, can it?  Whew!  Anyway, went to the Slough and shot a bunch of Wolfie-kicked everything left & high at 50 yds, 25 yds produced reasonable results.  Adjusted the heck out of my front sight to the max and they just stayed left.  On the ammo forum, I noticed that Barnaul is very accurate ammo.  I'd like to try the stuff.  I'm also going to replace the rear sight with a windage adjustable model.  Hopefully I can hit those paper plates next time.  Thanks for the ammo offer, but I'm going to buy some of my own-you're a good guy, Wils.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Ill bet that bbl needs the copper removed. If it takes a week of nightly defouling,so be it.Its worth it. How many rounds are through the bbl roughly? Could be a couple things actually.                jerryboy
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi Jerry-I bought the Maadi in unfired condition.  The front sight doesn't seem to be canted at all.  There's a good gunsmith by me, perhaps I'll let him line up the sights if need be.  I'm anxious to try some match ammo to see if that helps.  I fired 20 boxes of Wolf HP, that's all that's ever been fired out of the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 8:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, let the smith work it over, sounds like headspace. Sounds like the bbl wasnt lned up right and that will gap the headspace.if its undertimed,*sights canted to the right when holding in shooting position* A bad cant is a sure sign of bad timing on the bbl or shifted bbl and or bad headspacing. Good luck and I'm sure the smith will spot it instantly. jerryboy

PS, having to jack your sights way out of the normal adjustment range is a sign of bad bbl timing too.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Jerry, I'm taking your advice & have the gunsmith give the Maadi a work-over.  The wife & I made a trip to Indy & had a great time.  Spent some time at The Claddagh, Outback on 38th & had time for a little tennis at the ITC.  I'll be there for the 1500.  Probably spend more time at The Claddagh-great watering hole.  Ike & Jonsey's looked interesting, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top