Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 8:49:15 PM EDT
Where is the nearest base to Indianapolis that has an exchange or commisary on it? My mother might come out to live, but she wants/needs a military base nearby. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 2:05:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Wright-Patterson AFB, Dayton OH.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:04:52 AM EDT
[#2]
There is what's left of Ft. Ben Harrison. We have a PX and Commissary. They're not all that big, but they're there. They're planning to build a new PX/Commissary complex in the next few years.

They're currently located near the corner of 56th St and Post Rd.

The new complex is scheduled to be built in the vicinity of 59th St and Lee Rd, by the old hospital.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:49:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Also Atterbury has limited facilities and Crane has a Comissary and very small combined PX clothing sales store.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#4]
One more plus:

You can't buy beer in civilian stores on Sunday, but you can at the PX!
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Ain't it the truth.

The commissary at Ft. Ben is fine..we drive across town to stock up there a couple times a month.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If your Mom wants any additional info on Ft. Ben area, my Mom lives and works right in the middle of it.  She is a military spouse/widow.  It sounds like the new PX is going to be pretty nice.  They know they have to compete with the new Walmart around the corner.

I live 5 minutes away also.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:05:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool, thanks for the info. I didn't know if Crane had a commisary or not. I'll check out Ft. Ben and give her the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top