Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 10:23:19 AM EDT
Got there early on Friday and it was back in the west pavillion I think it's called? I was a bit dissapointed, was hoping to replenish my stock of 5.56 with some decent surplus but that was not to be. I did manage to get enough 7.62x39 to hold me over along with 7.62 nato. Screwed myself to the tune of $10 on some Royal Ordance SA80 mags . My highlight of the show was that I got to shake hands with Randy Weaver and get a signed copy of his book . Hope the august show is back in the marsh building.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:58:32 AM EDT
[#1]
It wasn't very big, but I saw some really cool things.  First I met Randy Weaver.  Then I tried to haggle with a fella on a really sweet looking ruger compact in .308 (it was in one of the first rows).  It was NIB and the lowest I could get him to go was to eat the sales tax.  It had a really cool laminate stock.

Did anyone else see the bushy shorty ak with the walnut furniture.  It was really sweet looking.  He told me that the complete set of walnut furniture (with float tube, could be had for $180 (hello christmas present).

I saw a ruger 44 international carbine.  They wanted 650, which is way over my price range, but I got an itch to build one out of the much cheaper 44 carbine and a 10/22 mannlicher stock.

I also saw a revolver I've been lusting after for the past two shows.  it's a titanium s&w that I'm waiting for the gun shop to come down a little bit on.  I almost bought a trailside from midwest, but settled on a really sweet ruger stainless 10/22 with a black laminate mannlicher stock (the old walmart special).  I haggled him down a good bit, but still probably paid too much.  Unfortunately, these aren't as common as the used to be.  I'd discovered there are threee things I have a weakness for.  redheads (ask my wife), ruger single action revolvers and mannlicher (espically laminated) stcoked guns.

So what did anyone else see anything interesting?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:03:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I talked to a guy who had four NIB Colt M203s, still in the Colt packaging and VPI paper.

me want.

Unfortunately, he wanted 4000.00 each for them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
QS, was that Dennis Todd?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:45:11 AM EDT
[#4]
yep.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:44:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Other than being told I couldn't park in a clearly marked parking spot by some parking lot ninja...

Being told I couldn't walk out the west entrance to my car parked 20 feet away carrying loads of ammo and gear...

Being "schooled" by some uber-geek at a knife table how Star Wars is a plagiarised rip off version of Lord of the Rings...

Walking through the invisible clouds of ass gas some inconsiderate inbred left behind...

Swerving around some jackass with a double wide stroller that contained only one child...

Coming home with a lot less cash than I left with..

Other than that I had a great time
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:17:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't get that ruger compact 308 with the cool laminate wood out of my mind.  does anyone remember who was selling it.  The table was in the second row from the south sidde of the building.  It was on the west end of that row (sort of close to where randy weavers book stand was).  

sloth
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#7]
'ass gas'
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Had the same problem trying to get out the west entrance....but for the record, I am NOT inbred.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top