Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 4:03:51 PM EDT
Are there background checks/waiting periods if you purchase at gun shows in Indiana?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Are there background checks/waiting periods if you purchase at gun shows in Indiana?

Not if you have a CCW permit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
So I should apply for a CCW, even though I will not be carrying, just so that I can get around hassles at gun shows? Good loop hole.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:43:03 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not really a loophole.  It's like pre-registration.  You have to go through the background check to get your permit.  
I guess if you plan to become a convicted felon in the near future and don't mind lying about it on the ATF paperwork, then it's a loophole.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:53:54 AM EDT
[#4]
No, not a felon. I just wanted a faster way  to get some cool toys.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Just apply to your local police department.  You'll go thru fingerprinting & an interview.  If you're clean, in 8-10 weeks, you'll have your permit.  There are no loopholes.  FU with your gun or permit, you can stick a fork in yourself.  If you want a 'faster way to get some cool toys', you've come to the wrong place.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Are there background checks/waiting periods in Indiana?

No.

Sarah says so damn-it,,, that's how I know!

Really, if you want to laugh your arse off, read this!

Indiana = D-minus according to "The Enlightened Ones".
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey, that'd make a good sig-pic, wouldn't it...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the link, sorry about that, I used to be living in IL
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So I should apply for a CCW, even though I will not be carrying, just so that I can get around hassles at gun shows? Good loop hole.

Quoted:
No, not a felon. I just wanted a faster way to get some cool toys.

This wouldn't be originating from a laptop somewhere in the dark shadows under a bridge somewhere, would it?...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#10]
No, I am up on the telephone wire scurrying around like a squirrel.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Be happy-you got sprung from communist illinois.  governor milocevic has one less citizen to keep under watch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top