Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 6:29:47 AM EDT
Anyone going to the show at the Lake County Fairgrounds?  I have to work saturday, but might go sunday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there.  Probably Saturday since Sunday is Mother's Day.  Need mags, ammo & an AK sling.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Thinking about going on Saturday, it has been ok in the past. Looking for .233 ammo.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I had originally thought I would pass on this one, but on second thought I may try to get up there on Saturday.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:35:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going on Saturday.

I think I'm going to try to sell my 2002 LEGP.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll probably be up there Saturday, always lookin fer a good gun show!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Got a few mags & ammo.  How about the idiot who had the rifles stolen from his truck.
http://nwitimes.com/articles/2003/05/11/news/lake_county/0206359d41c4f1a986256d23000d57b7.txt
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#7]
This incident sounds fishy to me.  Who in their right mind would leave $20,000 + worth of rifles on the seat of a vehicle parked in motel parking lot??  I would have taken them into room with me  or would have taken them to Crown Point table display where they have security guards looking after the merchadise.  This guy was a dealer and should know better!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#8]
As I read the article I thouhgt it might have been the guy who kept saying "this ain't a museum they are for sale"  Then I read that the guy whose rifles were stolen didn't attend the show Sat.  I also only bought mags the only new ones I found.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:45:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I didn't make it there at all.  Weather was pretty lousy sunday and there were tornado warnings in my area.  Power went out, so the only thing I could do that didn't require electricty was resize and trim brass by lantern light!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I noticed that the price of 30 rd AK mags is creeping up.  Unused mags were $15, junkers $12.  However, English AR mags were only $20.  Found only 1 USGI Adventureline mag.  Wolf 7.62x39 ammo was noticably missing.  Gander Mountain in Merrillville/Hobart has it for 1.99/20 rds-not bad at all.  SAR-1's were $450+ at the gun show-can you believe that?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:52:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I personally thought everything was overpriced at that show but it's the first one I've been to in a while.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
As I read the article I thouhgt it might have been the guy who kept saying "this ain't a museum they are for sale"  Then I read that the guy whose rifles were stolen didn't attend the show Sat.  I also only bought mags the only new ones I found.

I didn't realize it until today, but it was Brian Allen from Sunset Weapons in Danville.  He's a good guy.  I don't know why he left all that stuff in his truck.  I feel for him.  I would hope he has insurance to cover those rifles, but that's some bad press that noone needs.  He may not be aware of the area.  I lived in merrillville for a while and it was just common knowledge that if you had to park at 'motel alley' that you didn't leave ANYTHING you cared about in your car.

too bad.

-Nuke
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top