Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2021 9:01:44 PM EDT
I have a guy in Maryland who wants to buy some hi cap pistol mags from me.  He told me that it's legal to take them apart and ship them to him that way.  Is this true?
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 12:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a guy in Maryland who wants to buy some hi cap pistol mags from me.  He told me that it's legal to take them apart and ship them to him that way.  Is this true?
View Quote

Bottom line is he is probably correct.  Since the laws here in the Communist Stronghold of California East aka "Maryland" were written by retards with the practical firearms knowledge of a 4 year old child of a New York Times reporter, there is some ambiguity in them.  Disassembled, like in other commie gun-hating states, people have loosely called them magazine repair kits, or words to that effect.  To the best of my knowledge, I don't think anybody's been dinged here, not publicly at least, for receiving such items.   We are a gun-hating state though, at least Baltimore and Annapolis anyway.  We are like many other states where a few cities dominate the politics and enact idiot laws that we all suffer under....

With that said, for Marylanders, the adjacent states where these magazines are still legal just aren't that far away.  For the most part, all normal capacity mags for most firearms can be found in the border towns of Virginia and Pennsylvania.  And lots of us have friends in those states where we could have stuff shipped to with no issues.  

While your desire to support gun owners who still live behind enemy lines is admirable, you need to do what your comfortable with.  If it was a good friend, no problem.  An unknown, Id be asking for a PA or VA address or I'd pass.  I simply do not trust politicians or LE 'interpretations' of the law here.

With all this said, I'm not a lawyer and have only lived here for ~4 years.  I drive to Virginia (~70 miles) when I want items that aren't available here.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Seen mags disassembled and shipped before. As stated above, its quite a gray area.

Comes down to your comfort level.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, never played one on TV, and have never slept in a Holiday Inn Express! Do not take this to be legal advice!

I believe that The Constitution and it's Amendments are basis for all laws in the nation. Any law that is in conflict with this, is unconstitutional and compliance should be avoided.

Being a resident of Marylandistan, knowing the law is poorly written and somewhat contradictory, I suggest shipping the bodies separately from the internals and they are just shipments of parts that are presently unregulated.

If you ares uncomfortable shipping assembled, suggest the buyer pay the additional shipping for the "parts kits".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top