Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2020 11:01:55 PM EDT
My KAC lunchbox SR-25 just arrived at my dealer. I’m out of town but he texted me saying he needs me to do a 77R. I was under the impression large frame AR lowers are cash and carry in MD. I asked him to double check but haven’t heard back. Am I wrong?

Not my pic...but it’s the same thing...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Got some clarification... on 1 Jan this year MSP said all “other” transfers require a 77R....which is complete garbage. This state sucks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got some clarification... on 1 Jan this year MSP said all “other” transfers require a 77R....which is complete garbage. This state sucks.
View Quote

Damn. Haven't bought a gun in this state for a year or two now. Was about to stock up on stripped lowers this summer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
This state is shit.  I can't wait to get a job somewhere else and leave.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Damn. Haven't bought a gun in this state for a year or two now. Was about to stock up on stripped lowers this summer.
View Quote

It's not impossible by any stretch.  Just need to fill out the 77R like you're buying a handgun, get your PIN, go into the FFL like you normally would to pick up the item to fill out the 4473, but instead wait 7 days to actually take the item home.  Not sure if MD has a limit on lowers per day/month etc.  I should have just sent it to my FFL in PA but I don't have plans to go to the property up there for a couple months.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's not impossible by any stretch.  Just need to fill out the 77R like you're buying a handgun, get your PIN, go into the FFL like you normally would to pick up the item to fill out the 4473, but instead wait 7 days to actually take the item home.  Not sure if MD has a limit on lowers per day/month etc.  I should have just sent it to my FFL in PA but I don't have plans to go to the property up there for a couple months.
View Quote

I've procrastinated on my HQL
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've procrastinated on my HQL
View Quote

Asking MD for permission to carry is about as low as I can imagine on the list of things I’m concerned with....
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Asking MD for permission to carry is about as low as I can imagine on the list of things I’m concerned with....
View Quote

Wait, I was told you needed an HQL if your were filling out a 77R for a stripped lower. That not the case?
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:43:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Wait, I was told you needed an HQL if your were filling out a 77R for a stripped lower. That not the case?
View Quote

You may. Not 100% sure. I’m exempt from the HQL bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Was told for AR lowers it's a 77R, 7 days an no HQL. But I'm in DE an don't know.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If y’all have “designated collector” status you can buy multiple “regulated “ items at the same time.
Easy to get. As long as you have a HQL and purchased a regulated item just apply for it and you get it in 2-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Just to clarify, you DO NOT need a HQL to purchase a lower receiver, but you DO need to wait the 7 days.

Also, if you are not a designated collector, the dealer can sell you 2 receivers at the same time as long as it is part of a "dealer discount".
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#12]
308s aren't regulated in md.  No 77r needed.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good point... not sure why I was thinking ar15 lower.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess not required but MSP is strong arming weak willed FFL’s into forcing the waiting period on customers. Either way, got my lower. Waited over a year...another week didn’t kill me but it’s still frustrating.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top