Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2018 3:22:18 PM EDT
I'm a VA resident so do not pay to much attention to other states laws, however I attend a machine gun shoot there a couple times a year, so needless too say I have magazines over 10 rounds, because after all...shooting a machine gun with a 10 round magazine is no fun.  So I've heard rumor you guys might be poop out of luck with magazine capacity in the future.  With that said do you know if there will be a grandfather clause?  Thanks for any light you might be able to shed on it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#1]
We already have a limit on our mags here. 10rds for handguns and 20rds for rifles. .....Anything larger is prohibited from sell or transfer in the state. This new law they’re trying for is bogus and I don’t think it will pass.

I hope!!

Fingers crossed over here..
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I know you already have a "ban" in place, but if they were in the state before you are good to go and you can go out of state to purchase.  For some reason I think I've heard rumblings they want to get rid of that loophole.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#3]
the proposed law is to ban possession with no grandfather caluse
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the proposed law is to ban possession with no grandfather caluse
View Quote
In Baltimore.
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

In Baltimore.
View Quote
no in the state.
it was requested by the mayor of baltimore and the baltimore delegation filed it in Annapolis

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?stab=01&pid=billpage&tab=subject3&ys=2018rs&id=SB1062
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We already have a limit on our mags here. 10rds for handguns and 20rds for rifles. .....Anything larger is prohibited from sell or transfer in the state. This new law they’re trying for is bogus and I don’t think it will pass.

I hope!!

Fingers crossed over here..
View Quote
Just FYI.

The Firearms Safety Act of 2013 - SB281 made it only 10 round detachable magazines for any firearm.

"The bill reduces the allowable detachable magazine capacity that may be manufactured, sold, purchased, received, or transferred in the State from 20 to 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm. The bill similarly reduces referenced limits on magazine capacities under penalty provisions applicable to use of an assault weapon in the commission of a felony or crime of violence."
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Just FYI.

The Firearms Safety Act of 2013 - SB281 made it only 10 round detachable magazines for any firearm.

"The bill reduces the allowable detachable magazine capacity that may be manufactured, sold, purchased, received, or transferred in the State from 20 to 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm. The bill similarly reduces referenced limits on magazine capacities under penalty provisions applicable to use of an assault weapon in the commission of a felony or crime of violence."
View Quote
but you could go out of state and buy them, then bring them back and use them

the new law will make it illegal to posses them
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

but you could go out of state and buy them, then bring them back and use them

the new law will make it illegal to posses them
View Quote
Absolutely you can buy them out of state. As for the new law that was proposed I hoping it doesn’t have much of a chance. It doesn’t effect me because all my 30s were lost in a horrible boating accident.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 2:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#10]
The new mag ban died in committee apparently.  We'll see what else the geniuses in Annapolis come up with.
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#11]
keep in mind, MD law still only bans transfer, sale, purchase of those higher capacity magazines.  It is still legal to possess, own, transport, eat dinner with, sing a song beside, and plant in the ground hoping a magazine tree will grow in a few years.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 1:43:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Old news
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top