Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2018 4:02:54 PM EDT
From the reading I've done....I know the chance of getting a CCW permit is nearly nil.  That said...is there a chance?

I have a SBR'ed lower and a half dozen cans, as well as a ton of hi-cap mags.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can take everything I have to MD.  I can also buy mags when I go visit family in PA...or have mags shipped to family there and bring them back to MD.  I just cannot transfer them or conduct a purchase within state lines.  But I'm SOL for purchasing most "assault weapons" within MD?

I'll be in MD for at least a year.  Depending on where I end up working in the DC area, I will reassess in 12 months and likely buy a home in VA or WV.  Any help is appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?  Primarily concerned with:

LMT MWS
Colt 6920
Colt 6720
Colt 6520
Polish PMKMS underfokder (AK)
11.5” SBR
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Quoted:

Anyone? Primarily concerned with:

LMT MWS
Colt 6920
Colt 6720
Colt 6520
Polish PMKMS underfokder (AK)
11.5" SBR
View Quote
Did you own them before OCT 2013?
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#3]
“Sure”. Is the onus on me to prove they were...or on the state to prove they were not? I’m assuming I have to register them once I get there.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know. But if you do, they somehow find out and when to come to your house you would be in possession of a prohibited weapon punishable by whatever the law allows
http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/Chapters_noln/CH_427_sb0281e.pdf

I think the SBR has to be registered yearly for $10. Maybe the cans too. THink it one fee for all NFA items.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 2:44:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't know. But if you do, they somehow find out and when to come to your house you would be in possession of a prohibited weapon punishable by whatever the law allows
http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/Chapters_noln/CH_427_sb0281e.pdf

I think the SBR has to be registered yearly for $10. Maybe the cans too. THink it one fee for all NFA items.
View Quote
From what I’m reading...the annual registration is only for MG’s. The SBR stamp was approved in 2012, so it should be exempt from the AWB. The rest...no comment. Any issues with M855 ammo, or do I need to burn it all up before I move there?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

From what I'm reading...the annual registration is only for MG's. The SBR stamp was approved in 2012, so it should be exempt from the AWB. The rest...no comment. Any issues with M855 ammo, or do I need to burn it all up before I move there?
View Quote
Looks like only MGs.   Other than that follow or don't follow the law, I don't care.  Don't know why you even asked then.

Ammo is fine.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I asked because I’ll bring them to family in PA at some point when we make a trip up there after getting settled. It’s not my priority.

Anyone know if I can remove the uppers and register the complete lowers?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#8]
put a heavy barrel upper on it and call it a day
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
put a heavy barrel upper on it and call it a day
View Quote
Since the move is temporary, I'd rather just bring the complete lower.  I can leave the uppers at my FIL's place in PA.  I just don't want to show up at his door step with a truck full of guns...a few uppers isn't an issue.  Are the complete lowers fine as long as there are no "light barreled" uppers present?
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The laws are so confusing i dont think most md people even know, let alone care.  I havent heard of anyone getting in trouble.  I know what i would do.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]
One year of renting and I’m buying in WV or VA. No way I’m buying in DC.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Proof of ownership before 10/2013 is on you according to all I have seen.

I suggest checking the Mdshooters forum for information on Maryland's ridiculous gun laws.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 12:54:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
From the reading I've done....I know the chance of getting a CCW permit is nearly nil.  That said...is there a chance?

I have a SBR'ed lower and a half dozen cans, as well as a ton of hi-cap mags.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can take everything I have to MD.  I can also buy mags when I go visit family in PA...or have mags shipped to family there and bring them back to MD.  I just cannot transfer them or conduct a purchase within state lines.  But I'm SOL for purchasing most "assault weapons" within MD?

I'll be in MD for at least a year.  Depending on where I end up working in the DC area, I will reassess in 12 months and likely buy a home in VA or WV.  Any help is appreciated!
View Quote
Not really, pretty much everything is available if it was designed after 1994

Totally unrestricted, no different than a shotgun bought at Walmart

Large Frame AR's  
Piston AR's  
KAC and LMT MRP's  
FN Scars  
CZ brens  
CZ Scorion  
IMI Tavor  
IMI Galil 2  
AK74's  
non 5.56 AR15  
all B&T
FAXON ARAK
Fostec Origin

restricted(available with handgun qualification license or Form1/4)

HK9 series and clones.  G3 bad, G3k A-OK
FAL  
m14
Colt 6920
ak47's
many others

May not purchase in any form, Pure Evil incarnate
Bushmaster ACR

Does Md suck, of course but short of concealed carry, there really isn't anything that I can get in one form or another in Maryland. last time i was in, I got 2 KAC lowers, A scar heavy, 2 cans, and CZ Scorpion.  if you have any questions feel free to shoot me an PM.

Have been in MD for the Past 10 years, spending the next 4 OCONUS and will buy a good chunk of land in WV and work out of NOVA at that point.  all in all Md does not really enforce any of its regulations i have shot public ranges exclusively for the past ten years and there have been zero spot checks but the state police to check compliance.

In the age of internet, there have been no accounts of the MSP coming to say ELK Neck and looking for HBAR stamps and checking purchase dates. Nobody has had their M1A inspected to see if it was purchased post Oct. nobody has had there balls busted for shooting a Sub 29 inch SBR with a can.

Am i saying break the law, no of course not, just as somebody who came here from a better state, its not bad, and the reality is that nobody is going to give you a hard time. MD is not NJ/NY/MA where the state actively goes after their own people.

Feel free to swing by MDSHOOTERS to see their weekly the sky is falling/is this barrel a Hbar thread.  In the Event that Possession of Semis are banned, MDshooters will be arranging car pools to local State police barracks for Turn in
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top