Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2018 12:04:12 AM EDT
After much Google search, I couldn't find the answer regarding multiple firearm purchases. The laws seem to state that you cannot purchase more than one (1) handgun or assault rifle in a month. However, what about multiple purchases of non-regulated firearms? I recently bought a 30-30 lever action and just saw an awesome deal on a 20 gauge shotgun. Can I purchase?

-Dan
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#1]
there are no more assualt rifles

and as far as i know, long guns are purchase whatever you want
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
there are no more assualt rifles

and as far as i know, long guns are purchase whatever you want
View Quote
Thank you for the response. I also just realized that I embarrassingly said "assault rifle". LOL, I correct everyone I talk to you what AR really stands for. I was literally typing what I was reading in regards to MD code of law. Its crazy that language makes it through the law books.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 10:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
(MD Legal) Long guns aren't regulated by MDSP the same way stripped lowers or pistols are. You can buy as many as you want, and all you have to do is do a federal 4473.

Pistols and stripped lowers are subject to the 7 day "cool off period" and require a 30 day wait in between purchases. Now, you can put 2 on the same application but then you're bumped to 60 days of wait before you can buy another MDSP regulated firearm (lower/pistol). You can get around the 30 day wait by becoming a designated collector in MD, this allows you to buy all you want without the wait(7 days still applies).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top