Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2016 4:05:06 AM EDT
I just got the invite to start phase 1 for testing in DC/Baltimore after applying for 5 years.  I work for a municipal dept now  with 9 years experience, and I will be turning 40 next week.  I cant find too much online about the starting salary however or if they buy any service time.  I do know that they have a 30 year retirement which isnt that attractive being 40 now. I do like, however,  that they are countrywide and would give me the opportunity to leave maryland.  Anyone Amtrack officers here that can enlighten me.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I looked on their website and I'm only seeing postings for CA. Did you find postings somewhere else?
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I applied last year and just heard back now
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I know a few Amtrak officers. Pay depends on locality. RR retirement, not social security. Seems like a pretty good gig. They look bored most of the time. Mostly deal with drunks on trains in my area. I don't think you'll get rich being Amtrak Police.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top