Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2014 1:17:07 PM EDT
I have traveled from DCA and IAD many times with a checked handgun so I am familiar with the process.  But I am a bit nervous traveling through MD with a  handgun with all their new fangled laws.  What do I need to know about transport though MD and are there any particular laws or hoops that I will have to jump through at BWI?

Carrying a Glock 19 BTW.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Put the ammo in the glove box and lock it. Leave the unloaded gun and mags in the locked case that TSA requires and toss it in the trunk. Don't stop anywhere in MD.

As this is the internet, others will be along to tell you why I'm wrong or say you should do it another way but if you follow the above, you'll be OK. Remember, half of the cops don't know the law, so overkill is a good thing in this situation.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#3]
In MD you could get arrested for stopping to take a piss while transporting a handgun.

Sad, but true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top