Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2011 4:05:47 AM EDT
A nicer bunch of people, I never met.  Real friendly, down to Earth and very service-oriented.  They went the extra mile to get something done for me and it won't be forgotten.

They have a first class operation down there.  Free Pool, large area, nice cubbies on the rage for your gear instead of the floor.  Weekly pin/clay/other shooting contests  They wil be adding a snack area and I think they plan to add Class III items when things settle down some.  I didn't have a chance to look around too much since I got there at closing, so I'm sure there's more they offer.

You can shoot your AR there and 7.62 x 39 (AK/SKS).  Few places you can do that  It's well lit, temp controled.  Their T-shirts are not only nice, but affordable @ $12.
Do you get one with a membership?

IMHO they stand head and shoulders above the rest by a far sight.  They have no competition.

I could show up when they open and stay until they close.  Shoot, take a break, play some pool, eat lunch, shoot some more.

I had to sign for a transfer, my wife got home late, I don't see that well at night and my GPS led me the wrong way.  I turned up at 9:54 (they close at 10:00) and I would not have blamed them had they told me it was too late.  NOPE - they had the paperwork and pitsol all ready on a table.  Terry jumped right in, never once complaining about me showing up 6 minutes before they close.

I'm sold - they have a customer for life.  I'll tell everyone I talk to about what a class act they are.

Things I'd like to see them add:

Relading Components
Some reloading components, like primers, powders, projectiles.  They could piggyback the range business by offering "value packs" of tumbled brass, primers, projectiles since they'll have a steady supply of brass.  More red tape on powder/primer storage, but also the chance to be a true one-stop shop.

Hoslters/accesories
no idea if that's more trouble than it's worth - just throwing it out there.

Free Trim Night
I'm thinking they should have "Free Trim" night.  I'll bring a Giraud Trimmer with blades for .223, 6.8 and .308.  Anyone needing to trim brass can bring it in and trim for free.  Once you use a Giraud, those lathe/style trimmers become bad memories.  You can trim 1,000 cases an hour if you work like a maniac.  I never time myself, but 500 I'd say is a very leisurely pace.  You'd have to limit folks to 500 cases/30 minutes or something, or risk a guy with 3K cases

I mean - who doesn't like free trim

If you haven't visted - by all means - GO.  It's well worth your time and money because if there is a better range, I'd certainly like to see it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top