-MSI ANNOUNCES THE-
4th OPEN HOLSTER RALLY
July 17, 2010

12 Noon – 6:00 PM

On the Annapolis Waterfront

http://www.marylandshallissue.org/
and follow the discussion here
http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=38957

Purpose: To have a large, completely peaceful and unarmed gathering of supporters of Maryland “Shall Issue” and 2nd Amendment rights. We will be wearing empty holsters in protest of the current “Discretionary Issue” system that sees Handgun Carry Permits issued only to those politically connected or dealing in extraordinarily large amounts of physical cash, or the occasional person who can meet the high burden of proof needed to receive one for self defense.

How to Participate: The intent is to have a nice day with the family and friends, while wearing in plain sight, an empty holster. You will know others participating in the protest by their open holsters. Join us at the MSI Open Holster Rally Information Booth, located at the Annapolis Waterfront (by the Market House and the City Dock).  Stop by, introduce yourself and make new friends.

Basic Safety Rules: All holsters must remain empty at all times. Do not put toy guns, training guns or the like in your holster. We want to emphasize the emptiness of the holsters and our lack of protection. The holster will simply be a fashion accessory, symbolizing our vulnerability to criminals.

Long Term: The plan is to build on each Open Holster Day Rally, gathering more protesters each time, to take the protest to the next “Shall Issue" bill hearing and any bills that concern on our 2nd Amendment Rights.

PLAN TO JOIN US AND BRING YOUR FAMILY!
Link Posted: 6/30/2010 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Well the SCOUS set them up for us.  Now we just need to do our part.

Join us on July 17th as we begin to set the tone for the 2011 Maryland General Assembly.

-Boxcab
Link Posted: 7/3/2010 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/7/2010 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Who's going to join us?

Only 10 days away.  See you on the 17th.

-Boxcab
Link Posted: 7/14/2010 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope you all aren't leaving all the work for me to do by myself!

Saturday is approaching and we need the help of our fellow gun owners to help direct the tone of the November election and the 2011 Maryland General Assembly.

Please come out and help us show a united front.

See you in Annapolis this Saturday from Noon to 6PM.

-Boxcab

Link Posted: 7/15/2010 7:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump for a good cause.

Daughter's 2nd birthday party is that day & I have to corral toddlers & serve cake; but will be with you in spirit.  Hope there is a large turn out!
Link Posted: 7/15/2010 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I might be able to make it. .
Link Posted: 7/16/2010 2:20:30 AM EDT
[#7]
One day to go!

After this mornings earthquake I'm sure we'll be stirring things up in Annapolis!

Come join us tomorrow in Annapolis.

-Boxcab
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Great! how'd it go?  Hope that many attended & many more took notice.  AAR?
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 4:14:10 AM EDT
[#9]
A Hot Time in Annapolis!

Another one goes in the books.  You can finds pictures and comments here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=38957&page=5

Thanks to those who made the effort, we'll do more (in cooler temps!) soon.

-Boxcab
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top