Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2008 4:40:16 AM EDT
Has anyone been to the Pikesville Gun show? Its the weekend before Thanksgiving and wondering if its worth the trip to get AR parts?

It would be nice to find a vender that doesn't charge sales tax and get LPK's at a reasonble price.

Support your small local gun shows with today political shift. This summer there was small show in Darlington, MD and 2 small PA shows in Lancaster PA and Delta PA. Lancaster was excellent.

Anyway....Pikesville is listed as having 500 tables, hopefully gun show related stuff not purses and jewelry. Tall Cedars is next month, 250 tables? not sure about this one?
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 7:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been to the Pikesville show before.  Now that I think of it, it's where I bought my P229.  It's been a few years, but when I went there was lots of guns, ammo, safes, and who knows how much other gun related accoutrements.  Definitely worth a trip.

I didn't know when it was being held again, so thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
hmm, Chantilly is the same weekend.

That makes it tough.
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Tall Cedars is a small show.You don't see a huge amount of stuff there, but there's a decent array of dealers.No big ammo dealers, usually just the lady who sells Winchester ammo. The Tophat guy also. I like it cuz I live like a minute from there.
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone going to the Pikesville Show this weekend?? Might grab some AMMO
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:16:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone going to the Pikesville Show this weekend?? Might grab some AMMO

I'll be going Saturday to get some 5.56.  Hopefully $200 will get me at least a few boxes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 4:50:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Dilmena, do I go to Pikesville or Chantilly? The website makes Chantilly sound like it's much bigger and It's only marginally farther from me.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 5:21:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dilmena, do I go to Pikesville or Chantilly? The website makes Chantilly sound like it's much bigger and It's only marginally farther from me.

The only way is the arfcom way- BOTH!

I'll stick to Pikesville because I drive to Virginia everyday for work and don't want to go more than I have to.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#8]
does anyone have any information on the pikesville show, for those of us who've never been before and don't know where it is?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Why waste your time at Pikesville?  Just another overpriced MD show with vendors who act like they're doing you a favor.  Go to Chantilly, there you'll get a better deal on ammo, some high cap mags (before they get banned) and anything else you need.  Unfortunately, a tranfer to an FFL is required for regulated purchases.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I can order all the high-cap mags i want and have 'em sent to either my dad or my wife's parents and just pick them up at xmas.

Maybe i'll just stay away from the shows; i've a feeling everyone and their llama will be clamoring for stuff.

Or maybe i'll sling my polish UF over my shoulder and walk around and see what kind of offers I get.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why waste your time at Pikesville?  Just another overpriced MD show with vendors who act like they're doing you a favor.  Go to Chantilly, there you'll get a better deal on ammo, some high cap mags (before they get banned) and anything else you need.  Unfortunately, a tranfer to an FFL is required for regulated purchases.

Hmmm, now that you mention it I looked at the map and my work isn't too far away from the Chantilly show..and it opens at 3pm on Friday.  I think I  may wind up going there anyway.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
The Pikesville show is très ghetto.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's my thoughts exactly. It's not like the FFL thing is that big of a hassle anyway because  if you find a good deal on a pistol at a MD gun show you still have to wait or if the dealer selling it is too far away you end up having it shipped to your dealer anyway... or driving hours to save the $40-60
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:37:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I am expecting lines out the door and down the street at Chantilly.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I decided not to go. I ordered some stuff I need from Sportsman's Guide. There suppose to be a big show in Timonium in January with 600 tables, 4 days long and in conjunction with a Fishing show too:

8th & 9th & 10th & 11th  Timonium Fair Grounds - MD 695 Beltway Exit 24 to I-83 exit 17
"The Big 4 Day Show - Don't miss the best show in Maryland"

This show is in conjunction with the Giant Fishing show 2 shows on the fairgrounds at the same time "Something for Everyone"  600 Tables Available

Also....the York PA show is in FEB
21st & 22nd Tri County Gun Show "York Fairgrounds" York, Pa    600 Tables Available

I'm hoping that the FRENZY will die down a bit then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top