Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 1:09:45 PM EDT
All talk about hangun but can I and how own a hunting rifle in DC?

All I need is a bolt action.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know. Yes, but it has to be taken apart, trigger lock and no ammo.

But then again I am just going by what I have heard. So not sure.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:52:57 AM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
All talk about hangun but can I and how own a hunting rifle in DC?

All I need is a bolt action.

Yes, you're fine.  But it still has to be registered with the city.  Although I don't believe it has to undergo ballistic fingerprinting.

DC now has a Firearm Task Force to answer these questions... maybe, haha.  Check out DC Metro's website.

The hard part is actually buying the weapon.  With an active FFL in DC you have to cross to MD or VA where most FFL don't want to bother with a DC customer.  It's not worth their trouble.

I suspect sometime in the next few months we'll get our own FFL, but DC has put up additional requiements over the federal requirement and my guess is they will be able to stall actually licensing someone for several months.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:36:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring will work with DC residents.

www.atlanticguns.com/
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring will work with DC residents.

www.atlanticguns.com/

Someone just became my hero.  I have a reason to go pick up my application now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top