Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 6:24:52 AM EDT
Just an FYI, Myrtle Grove rifle range will be closed for reconstruction for 120 days this winter.

Exact dates are still under discussion, I'll post again when I find out.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Where is Myrtle Grove and what are the facilities like?
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management Area  is in Charles County about 5 miles outside LaPlata. hours are 9-6 Mon-Sat, 1-5 Sunday. Winter hours are the same except it closes at 5pm every day.

they have a 4 bay, 8 station 100yd rifle range that does not have official range officers. One of the regular shooters will usually run the line.

they have a Shotgun range for clays and birdshot (slugs and buckshot shooting use the rifle range)

you need to buy a $20 yearly permit (runs 8/1-7/31) from any location that sells hunting liscenses ($250 fine if the DNR cops catch you without)

Targets must be hung from string run between the baffle supports, you are not allowed to have targets resting on the ground.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/southern/myrtlegrove.asp
Myrtle Grove WMA is located in Charles County about 5 miles west of LaPlata on MD 225. Take U.S. Rt. 301 south to MD 225, about 5 miles south of Waldorf. Go west on MD 225 to Myrtle Grove WMA. For additional information contact the Myrtle Grove Work Center at (301) 743-5161
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I may be there tomorrow, and I'll ask. If not, I'll see some of them this weekend.
I know that they are some environmental concerns, and HOPE it isn't going the way of many ranges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top