Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2002 11:57:52 PM EDT
What parts of Maryland, Delaware or DC do you reside?

I used to live in Newark DE for about half the year, but now that my girlfriend has graduated this past summer its going to be Pasadena MD (near Glen Burnie) for pretty much all the year now

So where are ya from hon?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Calvert County (Port Republic) but I'm stationed in VA. Dunno if I'll be coming back to MD though. Too bad it's a nice place.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Lower Montgomery County Maryland.  Near Bethesda.

I hate this state.  If it wasn't for my job and my Southern wife, I'd move back to Michigan.

MIerinMD
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Hockessin,DE checkin in.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Just wondering what you all do with those 30 rd mags when you go shooting . Do you take them or use 10 rd mags at the MD ranges ?

BTW  M4 aiming@ U . You shoulda stayed in DE .  

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just wondering what you all do with those 30 rd mags when you go shooting . Do you take them or use 10 rd mags at the MD ranges ?

Nope, I use 30's 40's and drums. Still legal to own here.

BTW  M4 aiming@ U . You shoulda stayed in DE .  

Don't I know it. But it wouldn't have worked well financially while I'm still in college part time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Frederick County here.

MIerinMD ...I feel your pain.  I moved down from PA about 3 1/2 years ago.  The gun laws in this liberal run state suck ...no better way to say it.  But hey, I'm preaching to the choir, eh?   If I could find a job in PA that paid near what I make here, I'd move back in a flash.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:48:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Frederick County here.

MIerinMD ...I feel your pain.  I moved down from PA about 3 1/2 years ago.  The gun laws in this liberal run state suck ...no better way to say it.  But hey, I'm preaching to the choir, eh?   If I could find a job in PA that paid near what I make here, I'd move back in a flash.

I work in Baltimore and retreat to Pa. every night. Well worth the drive.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:00:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Frederick County here.

Testify brother, testify!

Maryland is an accomodation between her wanting to move farther south and me wanting to move north.

Funny thing is that she doesn't want to move to the Old Dominion of Virginia.  That move would be acceptable to me (good 2nd Amendment protection there) and it's "farther south" which is good for her (native North Carolinian)

I like the South, it's just their weather I could do without. -30 degrees and I'm okay, 90 degrees and I cry like an infant.  How the hell can people live like that?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I live in New Castle county, DE.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought I was the only person from DE. on these board anymore. Good too see someone else from the First state. Hope to see  some new faces at the shoot.
Later,
Sean
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 5:02:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I am in Wor. county near Ocean City.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Been a Newark, DE resident for most of my life until moving to North East, MD about ten years ago. I'm still close enough to DE to make living in MD not so bad as far as shooting sports and shops go. Love the country living where I am now too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#13]
That seems to be the general consensus, I lived in Newark, now I love MD(wheres my 30rd. mag at)
LOL Mk1 and M4. I work in Newark and I'll tell you what, their little city counsel is starting to bust balls hard, Anti-crusing, Must wear seatbelt(can you say violation of my civil rights) the list goes on, but they sure cant catch the people who are assulting/robbing students(a friend was held up at gun point and than pistol whipped badly). It burns me up thell pull me for no seltbelt but when the  time comes to need help, you cant find a cop for 5  blocks.
Oh well done ramblin.
Later
Z
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to be in Pasadena.....off of Lakeshore Dr.  I'm in GB now.  I move to MD via Colorado.........don't ask what why I came, its a loooong story.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Frederick County here.

Whats up Cerebus?  You live in my neck of the woods.  I live out in carroll county, out towards walkersville.

Nuckles.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I hate this state.  If it wasn't for my job and my Southern wife, I'd move back to Michigan.

MIerinMD

Move to VA!
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MIerinMD

Move to VA!

Yeah really, if she's a true southerner. I'm sure she wouldn't mind living in VA instead of MD!

How did you meet her?
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:10:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Haford County MD.  Maryland does suck but I was born and raised in NJ.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Whitehall, MD
(Northern Baltimore/Harford County line)

You better watch it M4.  You can't transfer let alone mags that hold more than 20 rds. in the People's Republic of Merryland.  I wish all gun owners were organized enough to all on a pre-determined date and time say F*** the gun laws and so what we want, make what we want buy what we want etc.  They couldn't jail us all.

-DEERSNIPER
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MIerinMD

Move to VA!

Yeah really, if she's a true southerner. I'm sure she wouldn't mind living in VA instead of MD!

How did you meet her?

I wouldn't mind VA.  Lived in Prince William County for a couple of years.  Woodbridge/Lake Ridge area.  I liked it a lot.  She needs to be "near the city" (DC) and the Metro.  I can't go any farther South.  Love the people, hate the weather.  How can you people deal with the heat/humidity???

Met her through a mutual friend.  If it were up to her, we'd move to Charlotte NC (her home)or Ocean Isle NC (her childhood vacation spot).

Personally, give me 20 acres in the Upper Penninsula, a couple of snowmobiles and a satelite dish for my TV/Computer and I'd be happier than a pig in s**t.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top