Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2006 8:17:54 AM EDT
According to my wife a breaking story.  A Boy Scout was shot at the Boy Scout camp in Harford County (Broad Creek).  I use to go there as a scout and later became a staff member there in 96 & 97.  There is'nt much word yet about it but it's coming.  I guess we can forget the rifle shooting and shotgun shooting merit badges being offered at broad creek anymore.  I just hope everything turns out ok and people don't go nuts and make a bunch of stupid rules / changes due to the excitement

TRapture
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope the Boy Scout is OK.

And that someone doesn't go anti-gun-nuts because of this.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I just answered a thread over the weekend on another board , that asked what was the first friearm I ever shot.

I answered .22 bolt action a broad creek scout camp.

I hope the kid is ok, .22 he should be. When i was in the 6th grade some farmer kid at my school shot another farmer kid in the leg with a .22, "just to see what would happen", and the "victim" turned out ok. We were all in 4H together , and by the time they were teens they both laughed about it.

Almost 20 years ago when i was at camp, the range seemed really safe. Almost everyone at the camp got one range session, even if they weren't taking the class for the merit badge. You got a rifle, a lane, safety glasses , earplugs, and a block of wood with holes drilled in it w/six .22 bullets. I remember it being very strict and procedural. Something really strange would have had to been going on for someone to have gotten shot at their range.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#3]
this link , from wjz tv , says it was a sherrifs deputy who got shot , in the arm, with a .40 service weapon.

No boy scouts mentioned.

Deputy shot
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:33:46 AM EDT
[#5]
looks like there weren't any scouts camping there this week

schedule

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
According to my wife a breaking story.  A Boy Scout was shot at the Boy Scout camp in Harford County (Broad Creek).  I use to go there as a scout and later became a staff member there in 96 & 97.  There is'nt much word yet about it but it's coming.  I guess we can forget the rifle shooting and shotgun shooting merit badges being offered at broad creek anymore.  I just hope everything turns out ok and people don't go nuts and make a bunch of stupid rules / changes due to the excitement

TRapture

Finally got a Answer to this.  

"A Harford County sheriff's deputy was shot accidentally today during a training exercise at Camp Spencer, near Darlington, a Harford County Sheriff's Office spokesman said.

The shooting happened sometime after 11 a.m. during training for the office's Special Response Unit, said Robert B. Thomas, the sheriff's office spokesman.

The deputy taken by ambulance to Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore. Thomas said the injury is not believed to be life-threatening. Via Baltimore Sun"

I thought that the police would have their own pistol ranges?  The rifle range at Spencer is'nt that great expecially for pistols.  This should'nt have any repercusions with the boyscouts with rifles.

TRapture
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 2:54:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm another "Broad Creek'er" from 18-20 years ago. Silver Spring Troop 440 from St. Bernadettes school.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:01:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I wish we could use their range.
Link Posted: 8/25/2006 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I was at Rodney with Troop 527 a while ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top