Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 6:34:38 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can find some stripped RRA or Stag lowers in MD.  I'd prefer RRA but I hear good things about Stag.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The only places I know that stock stripped lowers is Atlantic and The Gun Rack.  Last time I checked Atlantics were DPMS and Gun Racks were Bushmaster.  Thoguh it's been a while since I checked.

Of course you can always get Fulton Armory lowers from Fulton Armory.

Best option is to find a FFL that will order one for you (remember you are limted to 1 a month unless you're a registered collector).
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#2]
or if u know a ffl who will transfer it as a Hbar built reciever or for a hbar build.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
or if u know a ffl who will transfer it as a Hbar built reciever or for a hbar build.

I don't think they do that.

"Trust me, I'm going to build an hbar with this"
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:02:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Just get a stripped lower from Fulton Armory. They're as good as RRA,BM or Colt. Check the Gunshow in Frederick on 1&2 April. I'm sure that Fulton will be there and you can comparison shop too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Got a RRA stripped lower from Atlantic Guns last year.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not legal.  The HBAR rule only applies to full rifles and they have to marked 'HBAR'.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#7]
3R can order RRA(got a A2 lower from them), I belive they run about $115 + shiping/state pd fee/taxes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Who is 3R and where are they located?  If I can get a RRA stripped lower for $115 out the door, I'll buy three of them today.  (collector)
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Forest may or may not be correct!  As I understand it...in order to comply with the MD law, the "GUN" need only have HBAR stamped on it somewhere.  So in theory, if someone stamped HBAR on a lower receiver, that lower would comply with the law and be considered cash and carry.  

Of course, no one does that because HBAR is a barrle designation.  But we can always hope and pray that some manufacturer get wise to this and starts doing it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Dont the Colt HBARs alread come with the lower stamped HBAR as well as the barrel?  I seem to recall seeing them in pictures like that.  So that would be cash and carry correct?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Can you buy a stripped lower from Colt?!?   I think not since they only sell to military and law enforcemet!  Sounds good in theory, but you and I can only buy colts as used guns and even then we pay a premium.  @#$% That!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Can you buy a stripped lower from Colt?!?  

I don't about from Colt - but I have seen a stripped lower for sale in a Pawn shop over in Glen Burnie (off of Richie highway)  Though that was many years ago.  Surprisingly they also had a Colt match trigger for sale (in new packaging meant for store display sales).
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#13]
A&D Pawn... They are a Class III dealer and usually have a few things in stock.  No RRA's though, because I already checked.

I would like a RRA because M&A Parts are selling RRA mid-length kits for $425.  This would make for a nice easy fit since the whole gun would be a RRA.  Plus, I could have it for right around $600.  

That's cheap stuff right there!  Fantastic price for a shooter gun.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:13:57 AM EDT
[#14]
buying guns in maryland is all about knowing the right people. There are ways to legalaly do things that the public does not know. As long as you know the laws and regs, then I wouldnt worry.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:25:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
. . . . . . I would like a RRA because M&A Parts are selling RRA mid-length kits for $425.  This would make for a nice easy fit since the whole gun would be a RRA.  Plus, I could have it for right around $600.  . . .

I bought three of those Fulton Armory lowers mentioned above during the group buys and I have assembled them with Rock River Arms lower parts kits (one with the match trigger) and they all assembled perfectly, and they all work fine with any upper I plug in.

Some of my upper halves are Bushy, Colt and a couple upper halves I had put together from parts, I have no f'n idea who made the upper itself. They all work fine. Most I do with any of them is to drop in an AccuWedge, but even a factory Colt I have rattles without it . . . .

If you want to see "Rock River Arms" on the side of your lower receiver, that's one thing no one can argue with. If you want a shooter, you're not stuck with any certain manufacturer to match up to anything to achieve an "easy fit". You can find a decent price on any reputable lower and go for it with no problems as long as that particular lower is in spec and not defective.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Here's the thing with Fulton... They wanted $159 for a stripped lower at the gun show this past weekend.  RRA's can be had for that price and everyone in the country knows who they are.  Fulton Armory is a local outfit and there is no way in hell that I am going to pay them the same money that I would for a Rock River.  For that matter, I wouldn't pay them as much as I would for a Stag, Olympic or a DPMS which could all be had for less than $150.

I'm sure they make a nice product, but the bottom line is that they haven't earned the right to charge that much for a lower yet.  They are way over priced for a no name outfit!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got a Fulton Lower.  I'd pay that for a Fulton lower over a RRA lower any day (though frankly any lower at $159 is overpriced IMHO when I can order Stag lowers for about $100).

Two cool things going for the Fulton Lowers is they are roll stamped Savage MD, and the "US Rifle" is kinda cool IMHO.  I'll have to double check but IIRC the Fulton's have a low shelf (like Bushmaster) so if I decide to get into NFA stuff it's going to be eaiser than with a high shelf RRA (this may or many not be important to you - if you're not into NFA toys then it's meaningless).
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Fulton has a good reputation.  At the same price, I'd have gotten a Fulton.

Online pricing can be rather deceptive.   The $100 Stag lower is probably $110 after S&H.  Unless you have a FFL, you'll need maybe $30 or more for the transfer.  Comes rather close to what you'd spend buying from a local gunshop.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
..Online pricing can be rather deceptive.   ...

I KNOW what I paid at my FFL for my Stag lower and I can assure you it wasn't $159...

(oh and if your FFL charges more than $20 for an under $200 item - find a new FFL).
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#20]
3R is in Frederick on Grove Road.  They are in the back of  a gunsafe store.  Did a transfer last year for me of a couple of RRA lowers at a good price.  Great to deal with though only open Wednesday evenings and on Saturdays.  Phone is (240) 529-4936.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Cool... Thanks for the info Bitches!  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Cool... Thanks for the info Bitches!  

1) Nobody here is a bitch. Try to leave the ghetto at home when you enter, I, for one, would appreciate that.

2) That's a pretty disrespectful and offensive "thanks" to a bunch of guys that just took a few minutes of their time and tried to help you, whether you agree with the suggestions or not.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Don't go to Bel Air Gun & Pawn I bought stripped Bushy lower $209 + tax + msp paper work + video way too much.

I used

Gideon Gun Sales
114 Linwood Avenue
Bel Air, MD 21014
email: [email protected]
phone: 410-420-9052, 888-723-0051 (toll free)

Hours: 9:00am-9:00pm Sun-Fri, closed Sat
Transfer fee: $20.00 per firearm plus state fees (if applicable

for stag lower bought from Del Ton for 99.95 + shipping shipped to him 20 bucks out the door.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#24]
eshell,

1) I didn't realize that my mother was a member of this forum!
2) I didn't think anyone else's mother was a member either!
3) Did you have a suggestion about where to find RRA lowers in MD since that was the post topic.
4) "Bitche's" was ment as an endearing term (watch Chappell much?!?)... If I was trying to insult ANYONE, I would be much more ruthless!!!

***Edited<va-gunnut>***Keep the BS out of the Home Town Forums
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Don't go to Bel Air Gun & Pawn I bought stripped Bushy lower $209 + tax + msp paper work + video way too much.

I used

Gideon Gun Sales
114 Linwood Avenue
Bel Air, MD 21014
email: [email protected]
phone: 410-420-9052, 888-723-0051 (toll free)

Hours: 9:00am-9:00pm Sun-Fri, closed Sat
Transfer fee: $20.00 per firearm plus state fees (if applicable

for stag lower bought from Del Ton for 99.95 + shipping shipped to him 20 bucks out the door.

Damn, I should've given him a call before my last purchase. Definitely tagged.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought an RRA lower about 2 months ago from Glade Valley Sporting Goods in Frederick.
Check them out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 3:52:41 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I bought an RRA lower about 2 months ago from Glade Valley Sporting Goods in Frederick.
Check them out.

Didn't know they carried RRA. +1 on being good guys to deal with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top