Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 3:08:07 PM EDT
Me and a friend are looking in to opening a indoor range in Fallston. Let me know what you think. Need to see if it would be worth it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
if you want it to be a hit, make a room  25 feet buy 75 feet that has protection for 360 degrees. this room would be rented out for action drills and full auto stuff. basicly allowing shooting on the move, drawing from the holster ( most ranges do not allow ). this room could be part of a small "kill house" where you have walls that can be rolled out so people can go thru it practicing room clearing stuff.

also set up one or 2 lanes ( or part of the action room ) to be able to handle true rifle loads, not the super expensive frangle stuff ( just no steel core )  

the walls of this room would be easy just make it out of armor rated plate with 1 inch plywood over it to stop the splatter, or use the rubber covered stuff ( premade just for what we are talking about

you do the above and i might move in
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:43:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a direct answer to your question, but how would you do with Continental right down the road from you?  is the market there already served for the number of shooters?  

I don't get to Continental too often so I don't know how much business they do.

IMHO, there's a hugely underserved market for an indoor range in the Annapolis area.  On Target is fine to me as a range, but the hour round trip precludes me from shooting as much a I'd like.  Select Fire up in Glen Burnie is a cave with cavemen running it.

I think if someone opened a real full service range and shop along the Rt 2 corridor or in Annapolis area, they would be able to do pretty well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]
The range in hickory will be re-opening really soon(spring).

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with the poster who mentioned rifle lanes, even ones that could just handle some light-medium loads (AK'S, AR'S etc.). There's no public rifle ranges that I'm aware of any closer than Elk Neck or Hap Baker. I think people would be willing to pay extra for that. I have a feeling a pistol range might do well too, though I'd move it closer to the Route 40 corridor if it were mine. More potential customers, including all the military folks, less rural areas where people have access to friends' farms and open spaces for safe shooting.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The range in hickory will be re-opening really soon(spring).

Is that the indoor range that was off RT543?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top