Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 2:22:11 PM EDT
Is there any law or restriction against Government Profile barrels in Maryland?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
if you buy it as a full rifle with the barrel installed, 7 day wait and pistol paper work. 21+
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
What if you are having it sent to ADCO to get cut down from HBAR to Gov't Profile?

I keep hearing the HBAR's can be taken home on the same day of purchase.....when I got my Bushmaster 20" HBAR I had a 10-day wait. Was my FFL fucking with me?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What if you are having it sent to ADCO to get cut down from HBAR to Gov't Profile?

I keep hearing the HBAR's can be taken home on the same day of purchase.....when I got my Bushmaster 20" HBAR I had a 10-day wait. Was my FFL fucking with me?

If it says HBar there is no wait. Cash 4473, carry. If you get it cut down, I'm not sure. But I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The law only governs purchase.  It also says "Colt HBAR" but some dealers treat any HBAR like a colt hbar and no wait.  So if you bought it as regulated anyways, as long as it's over the 16" you can do what you want.  You could buy a pencil profile upper with a flash supressor and a bayonet lug and put it on your rifle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No issues.  HBAR is only an issue at the time of sale.

when I got my Bushmaster 20" HBAR I had a 10-day wait. Was my FFL fucking with me?
Yes, he was being overly conservative.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top